Open & closing dates
11/01/2019 to 11/15/2019
Pay scale & grade
GS 2 - 5
$21,471 to $38,152 per year
Positions are being filled under the Pathways Student Internship Authority which is designed to provide students enrolled in a variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with paid work opportunities in agencies to explore federal careers while in school.
- The incumbent of this position assists professional and technical staff by performing a variety of clearly defined policy, outreach, and technical tasks.
- Assignments will vary by Agency and Office.
- The major duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Track, maintain, and report on status of assigned projects.
- Gathers and enters information and data into databases.
- Logs proposals in the electronic tracking system.
- Ensures financial and technical reports have been received and approved.
- Sends, receives, and distributes correspondence.
- Greets and receives visitors.
- May assemble award documents and ensures award packages are complete and accurate.
- May provide outreach and partnership building.
Conditions of Employment
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
- DIRECT DEPOSIT: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- All applicants must be at least 16 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National. Permanent Residents and Foreign Nationals who meet both Immigration and Annual Appropriations Law requirements may also apply.
- Selectee must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance. If selected you may be subject to a National Agency Check and Inquiry (NACI) and a credit report inquiry.
- Must be in good academic standing as defined by USDA as a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale. *See additional information regarding GPA requirement in the Qualifications section below.
- Enrolled at least half-time at a qualifying educational institution.
- Meet education requirements. (see Qualifications section)
- A signed participant agreement is required for employment under Pathways.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.e-verify.gov.
- Housing and travel will be addressed on an agency and/or office level basis, and may or may not be available.
Pathways Intern Program Eligibility Requirements:
Applicants must meet Pathways Intern Program Eligibility Requirements as shown below by the closing date of the announcement. *Spring 2020 graduates will be required to provide proof of continued enrollment in the form of transcripts, acceptance letter or other appropriate documentation for Summer 2020 or Fall 2020 at the time of tentative selection. If no proof of continued enrollment is provided at that time, you will no longer be eligible for this internship.
Applicants must be currently enrolled or accepted for enrollment from a qualifying educational institution on a full or half-time basis.
Applicants must be seeking a degree (diploma, certificate, etc.) and be in good academic standing (GPA of 2.5 or equivalent) to qualify for the intern program and to stay throughout the duration of their intern program. *If your school uses an alternate grading system, you must submit proof and explanation of the grading system with your application or you will not be considered for this position.
The duties of the position must be related to the student's academic field of study or career interests.
Applicants must meet position qualifications requirements as shown below at the time of appointment. Entrance on duty dates for appointment are scheduled for May 11, 2020; May 26, 2020; June 8, 2020; June 22, 2020; July 6, 2020 or July 20, 2020. The agency must be able to verify that the education was completed successfully before the applicant can be appointed.
- GS-02: Completion of high school or possession of a GED diploma.
- GS-03: Completion of 1 full academic year of post-high school study.
- GS-04: Completion of 2 full academic years of post-high school study or an associate's degree.
- GS-05: Completion of 4 academic years of post-high school leading to a bachelor's degree or equivalent degree.
NOTE: Grades recruited for are the GS-02 to the GS-05, however, not every USDA agency and location will select for all or any grades. Selections will be made according to agency needs.
College Transcripts: You must submit a copy of your college transcript or high school diploma/GED certificate as proof that you meet the educational requirements for the grade to which you are applying. You may submit unofficial copies of transcripts at the initial phase of the application process; however, if selected, you will be required to submit official transcripts prior to entrance-on-duty. See "Required Documents" section for more details.
All academic degrees or course work must be completed in an educational institution that has obtained accreditation from an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools that meet this
Position will be available January 2020. Please email contact listed below for details of this position. PAY GRADE: Certified Salary Schedule FLSA STATUS: Exempt POSITION OBJECTIVE: The job of...
PAY GRADE: G FLSA STATUS:Non-Exempt SPLIT SHIFT POSITION: MON-FRIDAYS 6:35 A.M. - 9:15 A.M. and 1:30 P.M. - 6:30 P.M. EARLY RELEASE DAYS (15-18) AFTERNOON SHIFT IS 12:45 P.M. - 6:30 P.M. POSITION...
PAY GRADE : K FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt 12 month position - 8 hours/day POSITION OBJECTIVE : The job Childcare Supervisor is done for the purposes of assisting the Child Care Coordinator with the...
Appropriate teaching certificate with approved area in math is required. PAY GRADE: Certified Salary Schedule FLSA STATUS: Exempt POSITION OBJECTIVE: The job of Teacher (K-12) is done for the...
Early Childhood Endorsement is required for this position. This position is the 3 and 4 year old classroom. PAY GRADE: Certified Salary Schedule FLSA STATUS: Exempt POSITION OBJECTIVE: The job of...
Please email posting contact listed below for specific information regarding this position. PAY GRADE: Certified Salary Schedule FLSA STATUS: Exempt POSITION OBJECTIVE: The job of Teacher (K-12)...
Position will be available January 2020. Please email contact listed below for details of this...
PAY GRADE: G FLSA STATUS:Non-Exempt SPLIT SHIFT POSITION: MON-FRIDAYS 6:35 A.M. - 9:15 A.M. and...
PAY GRADE : K FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt 12 month position - 8 hours/day POSITION OBJECTIVE : The...
Appropriate teaching certificate with approved area in math is required. PAY GRADE: Certified...
Early Childhood Endorsement is required for this position. This position is the 3 and 4 year old...
Please email posting contact listed below for specific information regarding this position. PAY...