Do you have a bachelors degree in Business Administration, Finances, Accounting or Economics? Do you have three to five years' of accounting experience? Are you a CPA? Do you have experience in the Agriculture industry? If you said yes to these questions and you have strong verbal and written communication skills, we want to hear from YOU!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Regional Business Analyst role is responsible for critical components of the Company's internal management reporting. This includes monthly internal management reporting, financial analysis and budgeting. This position will also be expected to have strong knowledge and experience with database structure and data integrity.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving, and the ability to handle multiple responsibilities effectively
- Strong understanding of accounting standards and ability to clearly communicate to a diverse audience
- Ability to take broad and sometimes complex issues, simplify findings and effectively communicate to audience's with limited accounting experience
- Highly motivated, organized, detail oriented, and a team player
- Exceptional MS Excel skills required.
- Experience with Host Analytics, MicroStrategy, other database tools, VBA and/or SQL a plus
- Ability to travel (up to 40%)
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or Economics
- 3-5 years of accounting and/or business analytics experience, CPA a plus
- Experience in the agriculture industry preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Responsibility to conduct business in accordance with Company policy and code of ethics
- Provide financial and analytical support to Territory Sales Managers, Territory Operations Managers, Location Managers and other key parties to provide financial context to support and drive business decisions, including:
- Annual budgeting process coordination & review
- Financial Forecasts
- Operations modeling and analysis
- Capital request preparation assistance & evaluation/review
- Low performing operation analysis and recommendations
- Review and analyze Location, Territory and Geography financial trends and performance.
- Cash usage and discount analysis
- Manufacturing & service costing analysis and recommendations
- Be a financial liaison between Division Controller/Accounting and Sales/Operations Managers. Assisting and supporting both the Division Controller, Sales & Operations, and the overall RBA team in understanding key accounting issues, communicate/train on these issues and evaluate areas for process improvement.
- Work cross-functionally with Division Support Groups (Credit, Finance, Regulatory and Procurement) to improve processes, provide and analyze information, make recommendations and coordinate implementation.
- Work within Geography Operations to ensure compliance and consistent application of accounting practices & Company Policies and Procedures
- Provide financial training to Sales and Operations teams
- Analyze branch accounting processes and control, including inventory counts and implementation of new branch processes, procedures and controls.
- Develop and perform financial analysis of proposed acquisition candidates
- Manage and/or participate on projects to enhance BU and company profitability
- Assist R&D/Marketing group to model and evaluate new product opportunities
- Help analyze money usage and work with Territory Sales and Operations Managers to improve
- Other responsibilities as determined and required by the Finance Team
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary (to be commensurate based on experience or other factors)
- Comprehensive company benefits
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-five years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry's best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
The opportunity: The Lead Technology Architect is responsible for contributing to Cloud architecture standards and foundational guidance for the OpenText Cloud. Solutions are derived not only...
Our client, a leading full-service real estate services and investment organization, is currently seeking a Financial Clerk for a 3 month contract. The position is located in Dallas, TX. By...
Kelly Services is currently seeking a Financial Operations Specialist in New York, NY for a global real estate firm. Pay is $15 an hour. ***This position is temporary starting in ASAP until the...
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46...
About Zenefits Zenefits is the leading all-in-one HR solution for small and medium-sized businesses in the U.S.. In one beautiful dashboard, the Zenefits People Platform gives employees complete...
Req ID: 85702 At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company’s...
The opportunity: The Lead Technology Architect is responsible for contributing to Cloud...
Our client, a leading full-service real estate services and investment organization, is...
Kelly Services is currently seeking a Financial Operations Specialist in New York, NY for a...
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use...
About Zenefits Zenefits is the leading all-in-one HR solution for small and medium-sized...
Req ID: 85702 At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is...