The Leavenworth School District’s Public Relations Department is offering a paid summer internship program. This opportunity will give a real-world perspective upon which to base future career choices and enhance college applications/resumes. This is an ideal summer work experience for those interested in learning more about public relations, strategic communication, or marketing.
USD 453 PR/Family Engagement guiding objectives are to:
- Ensure two-way communication between schools and families;
- Make the school environment welcoming; and
- Engage families and community partners in support of student achievement.
The team of summer interns will work closely with professional communications mentors and be immediately incorporated into active USD 453 projects. Interns will offer an important student perspective to complement the district’s Public Relations/Family Engagement planning and provide support to ongoing activities throughout the summer “break.” Interns will have opportunities to help produce print materials and publications, plan and coordinate special events, strengthen partnerships between schools and families, work with the web and social media, and assist with general office duties.
Schedule and Details:
- Ten-week summer internship (tentatively): June 1st- Aug 7th
- $10.00/per hour
- Location: Leavenworth High School
- Schedule: 30 hour average per week; 9 am – 4pm (with one hour lunch break)
- Work schedules can be flexible to accommodate mandatory summer athletics/activities obligations and college orientation.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
- Eligibility criteria: current junior or senior, minimum 3.0 GPA, two teacher/counselor/administrator references, active participation in student clubs/organizations, and high levels of school pride.
- Strong organizational and communications skills (face-to-face, phone, writing)
- Applicants should include a one page cover letter and/or resume. Finalists will be contacted and scheduled for interviews.