Peoria, ILLINOIS | about 1 month
For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 40,000 employees serving customers in hundreds of countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 450 crop procurement locations, more than 330 food and feed ingredient manufacturing facilities, 62 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com .
Quality Control Chemist- Peoria, IL
This is an exempt level position
This position is responsible for supporting the plant QC lab. Will provide technical support and leadership to the Quality Control team, as well as develop and implement continuous improvement opportunities for laboratory instrumentation, procedures, and QC colleagues. This position, in conjunction with the Quality Control Lab Manager, will facilitate QC lab output of timely and reliable data, for the purpose of controlling and monitoring of processes, as well as ensuring Quality and Food Safety compliance of finished products.
Primary Job Functions:
- Support the QC lab Safety program and help facilitate ADM Safety initiatives
- Train, lead and develop laboratory technicians in all aspects of in-process and finished product testing
- Develop, implement and maintain laboratory records and procedures adhering to applicable food/feed standards and regulations, as well as ADM Quality initiatives
- Standardize, maintain and optimize QC lab data inputs and outputs
- Select, install, validate and maintain laboratory instrumentation
- Maintain and improve QC lab program for calibration and verification of analytical instruments
- Assist in review and optimization of analytical testing schedules and models for both internal testing and 3rd party labs
- Assist in implementation and coordination of intra and inter-lab technician proficiency programs
- Assist in root cause analysis for Quality and Food Safety non-compliance
- Help provide troubleshooting support to the QC lab on weekends, holidays and outside of regular business hours
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Chemistry (preferred) or similar science
- 5 years of laboratory experience in a food or pharmaceutical setting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Statistics knowledge desired
- Working knowledge of cGMP, cGLP, ISO, USP-NF, FCC desired, HACCP desired
- Ability to troubleshoot standard lab equipment (HPLC, GCs, Titrators etc) required
- Ability to work as a team member and independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills to provide mentorship and feedback
- Good leadership skills and experience facilitating cross-functional team activities
- Desire to see continuous improvement in processes and programs
Employees in this position working at this location are [or may be] exposed to temperature extremes, dust, and various potential chemical and food allergens, due to the nature of our business and the requirements of the job. If there is any reason such exposure would interfere with your ability to perform this role or work at the location, please notify the hiring manager. Domestic travel is minimal, but expected.
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
Job Description Kelly Services is seeking an experienced parts expediter for out local client in Peoria, IL. If you are interested in this position, please reach out to Bryan Hinrichs at...
Job Description Kelly Services is seeking an experienced parts expediter for out local client in...