Advanced degree (Masters level) in a relevant field (computer science, data/information management, social sciences). (A first level university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience related to data management and archiving, including use of web-enabled platforms
- Prior experience with data management of data sets from developing countries is highly desirable.
Excellent command of English, particularly written; other UN languages an asset.
Criteria for Selection of the best Offer:
The selection of the best offer will be based on the combined scoring method, where the qualifications and methodology will be weighted 70 percent, and then combined with the price offer, which will be weighted 30 percent.
Key selection criteria are
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience related to data management/database development, data entry and archiving, including use of web-enabled platforms and common statistical analysis tools (45%)
- Experience in data management of data sets from developing countries (20%)
- Knowledge of development and volunteerism (5%)
Applicants have to provide a technical and financial proposal.
The technical proposal shall consist of:
- Motivation Letter describing their interest in the assignment and why they are the most suitable for the work;
- Latest personal CV or P11, including past experience in similar projects and at least three references
- A technical proposal: shall describe the methodology and the approach on how to fulfil the required deliverables as well as outline the major components of its implementation;
- Work sample: Link to a database or project document
The financial proposal shall consist of
PLEASE NOTE THAT INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR FURTHER EVALUATION
Qualified women and members of social minorities are encouraged to apply. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are only able to inform the successful candidates about the outcome or status of the selection process.
How to Submit the Application:
To submit your application online, please follow the steps below:
- Merge your Cover Letter, CV, Technical Proposal and Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability (including the financial proposal) into a single file. The system does not allow for more than one attachment to be uploaded;
- Click on the Job Title (job vacancy announcement);
- Click “Apply Now” button, fill in necessary information on the first page, and then click “Submit Application;”
- Upload your application/single file as indicated above with the merged documents (underlined above);
- You will receive an automatic response to your email confirming receipt of your application by the system.
Queries should be sent to : firstname.lastname@example.org , clearly marking: 0094031: Data management consultant for online portal .
Applications sent by email will not be considered.
For your reference, kindly find the link to Individual Contract template and General Terms and Conditions .