Are you passionate about technology’s intersection with industry verticals? We’re looking for a storytelling pro who can translate how technology such as the cloud, AI and data is impacting healthcare, retail, automotive, manufacturing, financial services and more. This is an exciting account director position that will work closely with our Microsoft clients and an agency team to create and tell stories across earned outlets and owned channels.
This role leads and runs an industry storytelling program across our client’s enterprise technology business. The ideal candidate must have an agile mindset, demonstrate excellent writing and verbal communication skills, have experience landing in-depth stories in business publications, be a strategic thinker, excel at detailed analysis and project management, and thrive in a collaborative and fast paced work environment. Knowledge of industry events such as NRF, SIBOS, Hannover Messe, HIMSS, HLTH, Money 2020 and Frankfurt IAA is a plus. The account director is responsible for day-to-day client management and satisfaction, serving as the point of strategic integration and counsel for the client and internal team. This position will manage, plan, and execute on earned and owned media programs and will have a number of direct reports.
- Lead/own projects that demonstrate strategic planning and creative thinking as well as drive news and launches for events
- Pursue and coordinate cross-account/practice and global business opportunities
- Grow, manage, and maintain client relationships with key, senior level media/influencers; proactively engage on issues
- Solicit and share feedback/perception from media and influencers regarding client(s) competition and position in the industry
- Lead engagement with executives and support of their individual social media platforms
- Provide strategic and tactical counsel to executive level clients
- Establish social media objectives and goals across the account(s)
- Partner with clients to establish the strategic direction for social media engagements
- Lead preparation and delivery of organic growth or new business proposal content and in person pitch meetings
- Contribute to agency strategic planning initiatives
- Develop, review, and pitch stories/content
- Develop budget/utilization management and resourcing skills
- Oversee resource allocation across team including staffing, hiring, and onboarding new talent
- Manage career development and performance of direct reports, managing up to senior staff on crisis issues, and client/team satisfaction while holding the team accountable to demonstrating agency values
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or related field is preferred, or the equivalent knowledge and/or experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5-7 + years of experience in in integrated communications or PR, preferably in an agency setting and/or within an applicable industry; 4 + years of management experience required
- Professional certifications in one or more of the flowing is desired: MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, CISM, CISA, CISSP
- Global network experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly Outlook, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Excel)
- High level of analysis and strategic recommendations based on industry knowledge
- High level of initiative; take accountability for role on projects
- Demonstrated creative and strategic mindset
- Has established editor and/or analyst relationships and has proactively placed stories
- Made presentations to groups of all sizes; pitched new business
- Experience developing a team from the ground up
- Client and business environment: Customer service orientation is a must. Job pressure may exist from requirement of handling multiple tasks
- Experience working globally or with colleagues in multiple locations
- Fast-paced team environment (frequent tight deadlines, multitasking, etc.)
- Strong presentation and consulting skills along with the ability to read, write and speak English
- May need to work more than 40 hours per week on occasion
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Equal Opportunity: WE provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: WE values a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to creating a workplace where everyone thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in race, religion, gender, age, lifestyle, ethnic background and sexual orientation as well as differences in experiences and ideas.
The Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) at Kaiser Permanente WA is a cohesive, business agnostic, team which supports the implementation of strategic initiatives across both the Care...
This leader is the Care Delivery contact for select Large Group Accounts. Designs and leads strategic programs to address the needs of the Large Group Accounts and Kaiser Permanente. Provides high...
Date Posted: 2020-01-29-08:00 Country: United States of America Location: OT372: SS - SEATTLE, WA 3315 South 116th Street #149, Seattle, WA, 98168 USA Key Account Relationship Manager The Seattle,...
Strategic Partnerships Officer, Strategic Partnerships and Philanthropy Tracking Code 9869 Job Description *Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in the position...
Job Opportunity Position Title: Major Account Manager-Moscow, Russia ID: 11502 Location: Moscow, Russian Federation Category: Sales Apply Now Responsibilities Development of existing key account...
Summer 2020 Internship KP Washington Strategy Insights team supports executive leadership, developing deeply-informed, long-term view of customers, competitors, industry trends and market...
The Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) at Kaiser Permanente WA is a cohesive, business...
This leader is the Care Delivery contact for select Large Group Accounts. Designs and leads...
Date Posted: 2020-01-29-08:00 Country: United States of America Location: OT372: SS - SEATTLE,...
Strategic Partnerships Officer, Strategic Partnerships and Philanthropy Tracking Code 9869 Job...
Job Opportunity Position Title: Major Account Manager-Moscow, Russia ID: 11502 Location: Moscow,...
Summer 2020 Internship KP Washington Strategy Insights team supports executive leadership,...