We’re looking for a skilled storytelling wizard who revels in their ability to land business and tech-level stories for one of the largest tech accounts in the world. This is an exciting account director position that will work closely with our Microsoft clients and an agency team to create and tell stories across earned outlets and owned channels.
This role leads and runs a storytelling program across our client’s enterprise technology business, focusing on telling stories about how customers are transforming their businesses through Microsoft’s cloud and AI offerings. The ideal candidate must have an agile mindset, demonstrate excellent writing and verbal communication skills, have experience landing in-depth stories in business publications, be a strategic thinker, excel at detailed analysis and project management, and thrive in a collaborative and fast paced work environment. The account director is responsible for day-to-day client management and satisfaction, serving as the point of strategic integration and counsel for the client and internal team. This position will manage, plan, and execute on earned and owned media programs and will have a number of direct reports.
- Lead/own projects that demonstrate strategic planning and creative thinking as well as drive news and launches for events
- Pursue and coordinate cross-account/practice and global business opportunities
- Grow, manage, and maintain client relationships with key, senior level media/influencers; proactively engage on issues
- Solicit and share feedback/perception from media and influencers regarding client(s) competition and position in the industry
- Lead engagement with executives and support of their individual social media platforms
- Provide strategic and tactical counsel to executive level clients
- Establish social media objectives and goals across the account(s
- Partner with clients to establish the strategic direction for social media engagements
- Lead preparation and delivery of organic growth or new business proposal content and in person pitch meetings
- Contribute to agency strategic planning initiatives
- Develop, review, and pitch stories/content
- Develop budget/utilization management and resourcing skills
- Oversee resource allocation across team including staffing, hiring, and onboarding new talent
- Manage career development and performance of direct reports, managing up to senior staff on crisis issues, and client/team satisfaction while holding the team accountable to demonstrating agency values
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or related field is preferred, or the equivalent knowledge and/or experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5-7 + years of experience in in integrated communications or PR, preferably in an agency setting and/or within an applicable industry; 4 + years of management experience required
- Professional certifications in one or more of the flowing is desired: MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, CISM, CISA, CISSP
- Global network experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly Outlook, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Excel)
- High level of analysis and strategic recommendations based on industry knowledge
- High level of initiative; take accountability for role on projects
- Demonstrated creative and strategic mindset
- Has established editor and/or analyst relationships and has proactively placed stories
- Made presentations to groups of all sizes; pitched new business
- Experience developing a team from the ground up
- Client and business environment: Customer service orientation is a must. Job pressure may exist from requirement of handling multiple tasks
- Experience working globally or with colleagues in multiple locations
- Fast-paced team environment (frequent tight deadlines, multitasking, etc.)
- Strong presentation and consulting skills along with the ability to read, write and speak English
- May need to work more than 40 hours per week on occasion
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Equal Opportunity: WE provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: WE values a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to creating a workplace where everyone thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in race, religion, gender, age, lifestyle, ethnic background and sexual orientation as well as differences in experiences and ideas.
The Workforce Health Sr. Consultant position serves as a wellness program consultant in a customer facing capacity/role to support sales and account management in meeting the Workforce Health...
Head of Communications and Public Relations, Global Engagement and Communications Tracking Code 9612 Job Description PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by...
Strategic Partnerships Officer, Strategic Partnerships and Philanthropy Tracking Code 9614 Job Description *Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in the position...
Foundation Partnerships Officer, Strategic Partnerships and Philanthropy Tracking Code 9615 Job Description *Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in the position...
The purpose of this role is to perform business research and analysis that is designed to participate in a range of business decisions that contribute to the growth of Kaiser Permanente Health...
The Business Development Outside Sales Represenative role is responsible for developing new business within their assigned territory - home based for Seattle/San Francisco territory. This person...
The Workforce Health Sr. Consultant position serves as a wellness program consultant in a...
Head of Communications and Public Relations, Global Engagement and Communications Tracking...
Strategic Partnerships Officer, Strategic Partnerships and Philanthropy Tracking Code 9614 Job...
Foundation Partnerships Officer, Strategic Partnerships and Philanthropy Tracking Code 9615 Job...
The purpose of this role is to perform business research and analysis that is designed to...
The Business Development Outside Sales Represenative role is responsible for developing new...