Do you love telling technology stories to business and tech audiences? Are you energized by working with an amazing team of agency pros? Do you embody a client-first mindset? Then we have the role for you – an account director who will work closely with our Microsoft clients and an agency team to create and tell stories across earned outlets and owned channels.
This is an important role focused on our enterprise technology campaigns and telling stories about how Microsoft customers are becoming digital businesses through Microsoft’s cloud and AI offerings. The ideal candidate must have an agile mindset, demonstrate excellent writing and verbal communication skills, have experience landing depth stories in business publications, be a strategic thinker, excel at detailed analysis and project management, and thrive in an independent work environment. The Account director is responsible for day-to-day client management and satisfaction, serving as the point of strategic integration and counsel for the team. This position will manage, plan, and execute on earned and owned media programs.
- Lead/own projects that demonstrate strategic planning and creative thinking as well as drive news and launches for events
- Pursue and coordinate cross-account/practice and global business opportunities
- Grow, manage, and maintain client relationships with key, senior level media/influencers; proactively engage on issues
- Solicit and share feedback/perception from media and influencers regarding client(s) competition and position in the industry
- Lead engagement with executives and support of their individual social media platforms
- Provide strategic and tactical counsel to executive level clients
- Establish social media objectives and goals across the account(s)
- Partner with clients to establish the strategic direction for social media engagements
- Lead preparation and delivery of organic growth or new business proposal content and in person pitch meetings
- Contribute to agency strategic planning initiatives
- Develop, review, and pitch stories/content
- Develop budget/utilization management and resourcing skills
- Oversee source allocation across team including staffing, hiring, and onboarding new talent
- Manage career development and performance of direct reports, managing up to senior staff on crisis issues, and client/team satisfaction while holding the team accountable to demonstrating agency values
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or related field is preferred, or the equivalent knowledge and/or experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5-7 + years of experience in in integrated communications or PR, preferably in an agency setting and/or within an applicable industry; 4 + years of management experience required
- Professional certifications in one or more of the flowing is desired: MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, CISM, CISA, CISSP
- Global network experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly Outlook, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Excel)
- High level of analysis and strategic recommendations based on industry knowledge
- High level of initiative; take accountability for role on projects
- Demonstrated creative and strategic mindset
- Has established editor and/or analyst relationships and has proactively placed stories
- Made presentations to groups of all sizes; pitched new business
- Experience developing a team from the ground up
- Client and business environment: Customer service orientation is a must. Job pressure may exist from requirement of handling multiple tasks
- Experience working globally or with colleagues in multiple locations
- Fast-paced team environment (frequent tight deadlines, multitasking, etc.)
- Strong presentation and consulting skills along with the ability to read, write and speak English
- May need to work more than 40 hours per week on occasion
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Equal Opportunity: WE provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: WE values a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to creating a workplace where everyone thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in race, religion, gender, age, lifestyle, ethnic background and sexual orientation as well as differences in experiences and ideas.
Job Id N1973521 Job Title Sales Director – Compute/Mobile BU- Seattle, Wa Post Date 07/01/2019 Company Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. Job Area Sales Location Washington - Seattle Job...
Responsible for the direction and continuous improvement of the Account Management team, ensuring the achievement of financially sustainable membership growth, retention and revenue goals while...
Deputy Director, Corporate Engagement Tracking Code 9511 Job Description *This position is open to current PATH employees only PATH is an international nonprofit organization that transforms...
Description *Must have unrestricted authorization to work within the US. About Mercy Corps Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In...
Job Description: The Commercial Real Estate Banking (CREB) segment of the Commercial Bank provides customized and comprehensive solutions to create value and help meet identified strategic...
Skip to Main Content Search Menu Who We Are The KP Difference Our Locations Mission & History Innovation Life & Culture Working Here Diversity & Inclusion Disability Military In Our...
Job Id N1973521 Job Title Sales Director – Compute/Mobile BU- Seattle, Wa Post...
Responsible for the direction and continuous improvement of the Account Management team,...
Deputy Director, Corporate Engagement Tracking Code 9511 Job Description *This position is open...
Description *Must have unrestricted authorization to work within the US. About Mercy Corps Mercy...
Job Description: The Commercial Real Estate Banking (CREB) segment of the Commercial Bank...
Skip to Main Content Search Menu Who We Are The KP Difference Our Locations Mission &...