Who Is Bird
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
The City & University Management Team builds and owns relationships with universities & cities across North America driving an important growth vector for Bird. This is an opportunity to join a team with tremendous impact on the growth of Bird’s existing and future presence on university campuses. As an Account Manager, you will focus on the onboarding, launch, continued management, up-selling, and success of our City & University Partners. In short, you will bring City and University Partnerships to life. Working closely with a sales counterpart (who is responsible for bringing in partnerships and securing contracts), you will manage and build the relationship post-contract. You will have a high level of visibility across the org, working with cross functional stakeholders and city & university partners.
- Successfully manage nationwide City & University relationships after launch (in order to secure a contract renewal, continued or exclusive partnerships, or up-sell by increasing city & campus cap)
- Manage and drive internal projects and initiatives to completion
- Maintain consistent relationship with General Managers & City Teams for each market to provide updates and inform on University market health
- Assist our Government Relations team in any University RFP application processes, and participate in any RFP presentations for interviews
- Manage all operational requests from partner
- Implement any agreed upon modifications, specifically by working with contacts to put Bird in best light.
- Act as a main point of contact with University & City administration
- Actively monitor market health (utilization, ride behavior/etiquette, etc.), and make recommendations to local team
- Bachelor's or equivalent
- 2- 4+ years of experience in account management or sales or a government relations position
- Open to travel as necessary to meet with assigned Universities & Cities and support safety education events
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of grit and motivation
- Creative ability to problem solve on the fly; you never know what might come up here!
- Experience managing complex organization relationships
- Ability to prioritize multiple, competing priorities with tight deadlines
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Associate Veterinarian at Sears Veterinary Hospital in Lancaster, California ($25,000 sign-on bonus), Sears Veterinary Hospital, 8 daysSears Veterinary Hospital in Lancaster, California is looking for an Associate Veterinarian to be a part of our amazing veterinary team! Sears Veterinary Hospital is proud to serve the Lancaster,...
Western University of Health Sciences President Western University of Health Sciences (WesternU) and its Board of Trustees seek a visionary, transparent, unifying and experienced leader to serve...
Plaza Del Amo Animal Hospital is seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join our team! Enthusiastic, competent, and compassionate team; core group of "no drama" support staff 15+ years tenure. AAHA...
Harbor Animal Hospital in seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join our beautiful hospital. We strive to provide comprehensive, compassionate care to our loyal clients and their companions. At...
HOK is seeking an experienced HR Manager for our expanding Los Angeles practice. The successful candidate will provide human resources management and support to approximately 75 professional staff...
Description: Responsible for managing the administrative and accounting aspects for a portion of all the contracts and grants managed through Research. This position is also responsible for...
Associate Veterinarian at Sears Veterinary Hospital in Lancaster, California ($25,000 sign-on bonus), Sears Veterinary Hospital, 8 daysSears Veterinary Hospital in Lancaster, California is looking for an Associate Veterinarian to...
Western University of Health Sciences President Western University of Health Sciences (WesternU)...
Plaza Del Amo Animal Hospital is seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join our...
Harbor Animal Hospital in seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join our beautiful hospital. We...
HOK is seeking an experienced HR Manager for our expanding Los Angeles practice. The successful...
Description: Responsible for managing the administrative and accounting aspects for a portion of...