H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Location: St. Paul, MN or South Bend, IN
The Accounts Receivable (AR) Supervisor reports to the H.B. Fuller Americas Credit Manager, with a dotted line to the NA Accounting Manager (formerly Royal Adhesives), and has responsibility for various AR functions; process improvement initiatives and projects; and compliance work. This position will be relied upon to be an effective partner with the various customer service teams, external customers, and corporate offices through their strong communication skills and technical knowledge.
Overview of duties includes:
- Oversee the AR function through issue resolution, training, monitoring, and review of transactions and related reports.
- Oversee the vendor master
- Support the monthly close process which may include calculating reserves; inter-company balancing and settlement; preparing and approving reconciliations.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to continuous improvement.
- Team cross-functionally with other groups in Global Finance Services, business units and other regions.
Accounts Receivable Activities / Leadership (75%)
- Supervise a team of 3 A/R Coordinators, who apply cash, execute collection follow up and extend credit
- Ensure that receivables are recorded, and cash receipts applied in compliance with GAAP, SOX, and H.B. Fuller’s internal policies
- Provide leadership by establishing metrics & goals, enforce adherence to established policies, monitor & coach employee performance
- Assess external customer risk and recommend risk mitigation actions for marginal risks to minimize bad debts and support revenue growth
- Review and respond to daily order processing credit holds for limits/aging with an eye toward eliminating future holds if risk rating warrants
- Recommend and/or execute collection action programs to resolve delinquency
- Respond to, and monitor status of customers who are insolvent, bankrupt, or have been placed for collection in order to maximize our recovery and maintain adequate reserves for doubtful accounts
- Ensure customer accounts are collected and properly reflect the outstanding balances.
- Process / approve credit limits, customer terms requests, credit releases, etc
- Work collaboratively with customer service to ensure timely dispute recording and monitoring of dispute resolution.
- Calculate the AR allowances according to Royal / H.B. Fuller policy
- Create, document, and maintain policies, procedures, and work instructions for AR
Vendor Master Maintenance (10%)
- Oversee the maintenance of the vendor master, ensuring complete and accurate master data is entered and maintained. (Segregation of duties dictates Vendor vs Customer Master)
Special Projects / Process Improvement (10%)
- Provide data and accounting support as needed to cross-functional internal customers within H.B. Fuller (Royal, other Business Units, Global Finance Services, and Corporate offices)
- Initiate and research opportunities to streamline, modify or develop processes to improve accuracy and repeatability utilizing various systems and tools
- Develop and implement processes for effective issue escalation and resolution
- Improve system data, focusing on standardization and harmonization between entities / facilities; examples include maintenance of vendor master data, reviews of payment terms, and reviews of credit limits
- Develop self and team by seeking opportunities to expand technical and business skills; cross-training and skills development will help with current segregation of duties (SOD) issues
- Provide support for internal and external audits, including preparation and review of PBC work papers.
- Perform periodic self-testing and other review procedures to ensure credit and accounts receivable portfolio status meets internal and external requirements (Sox/Audit)
- Ensure process adherence to COSO requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree with major in Accounting, Finance, or related field strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years minimum of commensurate commercial credit experience required.
- 1 or more years supervisory experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Proven people management skills in a high-transaction environment.
- Strong knowledge and experience with:
- complex ERP systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle, Adage or similar)
- A/R system applications
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong data mining abilities across various platforms
- Ability to travel expected (approximately 10 - 25%)
- GAAP knowledge and experience
- General Accounting experience
- SOX experience
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
This position is required to stand for long periods of time, walk, climb stairs, use hands to remove or lift boxes, stretch and reach with arms extended and stoop. Employees regularly lift up to 50 pounds and up to 100 pounds with assistance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
South Bend, Indiana, United States
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members...
AAHA veterinary hospital located in South Bend, Indiana looking for a 4th associate to join our practice. We have been located in this great community for the past 50 years. We have a new building...
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper...
AAHA veterinary hospital located in South Bend, Indiana looking for a 4th associate to join our...