More than a career - a chance to make a difference in people's lives.
Build an exciting, rewarding career with us – help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you'll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
This position provides clerical and administrative support to management and operations personnel at a district office or corporate department. The incumbent may also be responsible for coordinating special events and programs in support of community outreach and company-wide initiatives.
· Timely and accurately enter data into systems.
· Maintain files and records.
· Respond to inquiries from other employees or external parties or route to the appropriate person.
· Schedule meetings and make travel arrangements. May coordinate maintenance or repair work for facilities.
· Coordinate calendar for facilities and other activities as requested by Building Services department.
· Operate and maintain office equipment.
· Receive, sort and distribute mail.
· Compose correspondence and respond to routine requests/inquiries as directed by management.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Compile reports of data and check for accuracy. Verify discrepancies and make corrections.
· Serve as the primary contact for inspections and construction projects.
· Process invoices and check requests or other accounting related documents.
· Process credit checks and file for job permits when necessary.
· Assist in the formulation of budgets and monitor for accuracy of accounting codes.
· Process third-party damages.
· Assist other employees with reporting of expenses.
· Track and report time for payroll purposes.
· Order and maintain inventory of office supplies.
· Perform on-going program maintenance for corporate initiatives such as wellness and safety.
· Plan and coordinate activities for special events.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
· Knowledge of office practices, procedures and office equipment
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Professional appearance and telephone manner
· Ability to interact with other employees at all levels as well as with the public, contractors, vendors and representatives from governmental agencies
· Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
· Associate’s degree or training in office administration or office technology
· Prior work experience in the utility industry
· Able to work using a computer for extended periods of time
· Able to bend, stoop, reach overhead, lift and carry items up to 25 lbs. on occasions
Relocation Assistance Provided (as applicable)
Visa Sponsored Position
Posting Expiration DateMonday, September 17, 2018
All job postings expire at 12:01 AM on the posting expiration date.
Please note that in order to be considered for this position, you must possess all of the basic/required qualifications.
SUMMARY: Serves as Pilot in Command (PIC) part time as needed providing aviation support to both Government and civilian aviation contracts. Missions may be operated from various locations,...
Seasonal Retail Commission Jewelry Sales, Part Time: Cross Creek( Job Number: 717102786) Description Job Overview: The Seasonal Jewelry Sales associate is responsible for providing outstanding...
Make home yours! Check out the opportunities at HomeGoods, where we strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and work-life balance. HomeGoods is where savvy shoppers of every style...
Requisition Number: 23953 Job Description Cintas is seeking a Sales Representative to focus on new business-to-business account development in our Facility Services Division. Responsibilities...
Sales Representative - Fayetteville, NC( Job Number: 1811185) Description With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and...
Web Administrator - (I2S00040V) Description USSOCOM's mission is to “Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning...
SUMMARY: Serves as Pilot in Command (PIC) part time as needed providing aviation support to both...
Seasonal Retail Commission Jewelry Sales, Part Time: Cross Creek( Job...
Make home yours! Check out the opportunities at HomeGoods, where we strive to provide...
Requisition Number: 23953 Job Description Cintas is seeking a Sales Representative to focus on...
Sales Representative - Fayetteville, NC( Job Number: 1811185) Description With our portfolio of...
Web Administrator - (I2S00040V) Description USSOCOM's mission is to “Provide fully capable...