Bachelor's of Science degree or Technology degree, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Applicants selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for an Advanced Engineering Support Specialist. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Analyzes effects of projects upon various areas such as Engineering, Facilities, and the labor pool to determine the most practical and cost-efficient methods to obtain the required resources
- Consistently demonstrates proficiency in the application of technical competence in a specific engineering discipline
- Designs, develops, analyzes, troubleshoots and provides technical skills during research and/or product development
- Determines, monitors, and reviews costs, operational budgets and schedules, and manpower requirements
- Establishes work methodology and sequence to gather and organize data for review with appropriate engineer(s) in support of project
- Evaluates and recommends options for tasks within assigned project activities
- Formulates and recommends corrective action measures such as schedule revisions, manpower adjustments, fund allocations, and work requirements
- Gathers and organizes data for review with appropriate engineer(s) in support of project
- Maintains records, compiles reports, graphs, charts and related data in support of projects
- Makes recommendations and coordinates and identifies resources required to meet defined project requirements
- Non-technical Support
- Participates in discussions related to the identification of cause of problems/issues in the defined task or project assignment
- Participates in the strategic planning for new project(s) utilizing creative application of domain competence
- Participates in the tactical planning for completion of identified project segment
- Performs research and engineering laboratory functions involving the layout, building, testing, troubleshooting, and repairing devices, assemblies, subsystems, and systems
- Performs technical activities which impact the proposal, system level design, detail design and manufacture of advanced electronics systems
- Prepares and coordinates the plans and schedules for new or existing programs
- Regular communication with internal customers and external vendors
- Resolves proposal preparation problems and assesses the progress against established plans and parameters
- Subject matter expert (SME) in one discipline/field and developing working knowledge in adjacent disciplines/fields
- Supports and participates in negotiations with customer
- Technical Support
- Utilizes defined resources to meet project requirements
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization
- Creative, innovative responsibilities requiring advanced decision-making skills
- Demonstrate a proficient degree of skill and innovation in resolving issues within defined area of responsibility
- Demonstrates proficient judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems
- Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives would normally have a serious effect upon the administration of the organization
- Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization
- Grasps and applies new information quickly
- Handles more complex assignments
- Proficient and able to perform all responsibilities associated with the position
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations
- Lacks authority to discipline or reward
- May provide work direction to other employees
- May refer to established precedents and policies
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments
- Participates in determining objectives of assignment
- Plans schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives
- Proficient knowledge of industry practices
- Proficient understanding and application of engineering principles, concepts, practices, and standards
- Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects
- Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways
- Shows initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgment and professionally executes projects with little direction
- This job is the fully qualified, career- oriented, journey-level position
- Utilizes influence skills to obtain resource, commitment and support
- Work is performed under general direction
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Cloud Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions....
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Ingram Micro is seeking a motivated and talented Sales Support Representative that are passionate about offering excellence to customers and performing at...
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Who we are: Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology. No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and...
Part-Time Emergency Veterinarian - Animal Medical and Surgical Center, Pathway Vet Alliance, about 1 monthIt's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing! We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business. **GENEROUS SIGNING BONUS + RELOCATION...
Veterinarian at Scottsdale Ranch Animal Hospital in Scottsdale, Arizona, Scottsdale Ranch Animal Hospital, 14 daysScottsdale Ranch Animal Hospital in Scottsdale, Arizona is looking for an additional associate to join our fantastic team. This position is a great opportunity for someone looking to join an...
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing! We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business. Animal Clinic Del Rancho is now hiring a...
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Cloud Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you...
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Ingram Micro is seeking a motivated and talented Sales...
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Who we are: Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize...
Part-Time Emergency Veterinarian - Animal Medical and Surgical Center, Pathway Vet Alliance, about 1 monthIt's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing! We're committed...
Veterinarian at Scottsdale Ranch Animal Hospital in Scottsdale, Arizona, Scottsdale Ranch Animal Hospital, 14 daysScottsdale Ranch Animal Hospital in Scottsdale, Arizona is looking for an additional associate...
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing! We're committed...