Associate's degree in business or technical field or the equivalent experience is required. In addition, prior production leadership experience is preferred
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Candidates must be able to obtain a Secret clearance within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for an Advanced Manufacturing Coach. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation’s fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Coordinates the day-to-day workflow of subordinate nonexempt workers who put together component parts to make assemblies, subassemblies, packaging or completed units
- Reviews production schedules, material, and manpower resources in order to assign employees to maximize production objectives, maintain quality and attain output requirements
- Informs assigned employees of production and material problems and coordinates with support groups to resolve problems affecting schedules
- Participates in establishing and modifying operational methods and processes by recommending changes in materials, equipment, and procedures
- Ensures training certifications are up to date for employees within area of responsibility
- May participate on Project and Process improvement teams
- Interacts with Quality Personnel to ensure the areas quality objectives are met
- Functions as a Lead/Supervisor of people
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Fundamental knowledge of production activities
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Solid ability to present at management meetings
- Possesses motivation, leadership, mentoring and facilitating skills
- Solid ability to transfer knowledge and experience across product lines
- Solid skills in problem solving
- Solid computer skills
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
Job Description A rapidly growing boutique investment firm focused on originating hybrid venture capital, private equity investments across multiple sectors is currently seeking a talented...
Job Description A rapidly growing boutique investment firm focused on originating hybrid venture...