High School Diploma or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Advanced Production Operator to work in our Service Center. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation’s fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
Representative Duties and Tasks:
The Advanced Production Operator postiton requires a broad skillset including fine pitch soldering, and a variety mechanical assembly operations. This role requires the selected candidate to be able to read schematics. J-STD-001 Certification is also required
Additional responsibiliteis inlcude but not limited too:
- Performs project tasks/assignments of moderately complex nature ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and subassemblies such as modules, boards, panels, drawers, frames, and cables ]
- Performs fabrication or inspection functions in a research, production or pre-production environment.
- Reading and interpreting moderately complex schematics and drawings
- Follows more advanced methods, techniques, and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering, & cable harnessing on subassemblies and units
- Builds or integrates hardware for prototypes, subassemblies or systems
- Performs moderately complex electrical tests
- Performs more complex rework and refurbishment of hardware and systems
- Performs incorporation of Master Change Order (MCO), Engineering Change Order (ECO), Variance Authorization (VA) and use of visual aids
- May conduct manufacturing inspections on processing line in accordance to quality specifications
- May be involved in packing, movement and protection of finished product May disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble, and test experimental or prototype assemblies and subassemblies according to specifications and under simulated conditions
- Performs more advanced fabrication and marking
- Maintains and operates various equipment/tooling
- Performs more advanced loading and configuring of customer/standard software on customer device
- Performs inspection per documentation
- Completes appropriate quality paperwork as required (e.g. Corrective Action Request, Discrepant Material Report etc.)
- Accurately complete process paperwork and entering data into the applicable work order management system
- Performs mixing of solvents and paints per specification
- Supports continuous improvement activities and participates in problem solving
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area
- Supports safety/housekeeping standards
- Contacts are primarily within immediate work unit and direct supervisor
- Normally receives little instruction on daily work; general instructions only on new assignments
Knoweldge Skills and Abilites: Considerable knowledge of manufacturing process skills
Considerable knowledge of polarity and inspection criteria
- Considerable knowledge of Bills of Material (BOM)
- Demonstrated ability for unsupervised and accurate use of manufacturing work order application
- Considerable communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Ability to work effectively on any size work team
- Considerable computer skills
- Considerable knowledge of measuring/test equipment and math
- Ability to use various computer software applications to analyze and manage data
- Ability to interpret more advanced documents, work instruction, and schematics
- Considerable knowledge of configuration control procedures applicable to the assigned work/area
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
Retail Sales Specialist Bloomington Apply Share Posted Date: Nov-18-2019 Job ID: 16342 Job Function: Retail Sales City: Bloomington State: Minnesota Store: Bloomington What's cool about this...
If you have a passion and desire to enrich the lives and touch the hearts of older adults, consider joining our team in providing compassionate and high quality care and services within a caring...
Presbyterian Homes & Services Founders Ridge is seeking a Part-Time (16 hours a week) Campus Pastor to support our community. The Campus Pastor is responsible for providing spiritual guidance,...
Retail Sales Specialist Bloomington Apply Share Posted Date: Nov-18-2019 Job ID: 16342 Job...
If you have a passion and desire to enrich the lives and touch the hearts of older adults,...
Presbyterian Homes & Services Founders Ridge is seeking a Part-Time (16 hours a week) Campus...