Advocacy Officer, Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition (RHSC)
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
*Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in the position and how you meet the qualifications.
**Other locations will be considered
The Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition (RHSC) is a global partnership of more than 500 public, private, and non-governmental organizations dedicated to ensuring that all people in low- and middle-income countries can choose, obtain, and use affordable, high-quality supplies and related services to ensure their better reproductive health. Our global Secretariat is staffed and managed by PATH, an international, nonprofit organization that helps communities around the world break longstanding cycles of poor health.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The Advocacy Officer will lead efforts to use effective advocacy for furthering the RHSC’s priorities under its new funding framework for 2021-2025. A key component of the incumbent’s success will be the ability to engage the advocacy community around those priorities. In addition to being able to coordinate multi-partner initiatives, well-developed communications skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a geographically dispersed team are critical. This position will be based in Washington, DC and will report to the Deputy Director.
- Serve as a global leader in advocacy for RH supply security.
- Engage the advocacy community around and in support of the RHSC’s supplies-focused priorities.
- Lead RHSC efforts to champion and bring to the attention of the donor community, disadvantaged countries that find themselves in need of donor support.
- Lead efforts by the RHSC and partners to advocate for increased investment of domestic resources in RH commodity security (which could include national procurement; supply chain strengthening; supply plan development; etc.)
- Support and backstop the Advocacy & Accountability Working Group (AAWG). Plan and facilitate regular meetings, maintain member engagement, communicate results to the wider RH community, and unite diverse partners around clearly defined RHSC priorities.
- Assist AAWG members, as requested, to develop competitive proposals for the Innovation fund.
- Lead Secretariat collaboration with and support to Inter-agency Working Group on RH in Crisis (IAWG) Advocacy sub-working group.
- Regularly engage with other Secretariat staff, especially technical officers, to identify supply challenges, policy needs, etc. that could be addressed though advocacy and/or by the work of the A&AWG.
- Other activities as required.
- Required Experience
- Master’s degree in public health, international development or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Hands-on knowledge of RH commodity preferred
- An experienced networker with a proven track record of advocating and engaging with governments, civil society, and the private sector.
- Proven ability to:
- Coordinate multi-partner initiatives, manage sub-agreements, and provide technical assistance to partners;
- Develop ideas from concept to proposal development to implementation;
- Finding creative approaches to solving problems; and
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience working in low-/middle-income countries.
- Strong interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
- Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken, and strong presentation skills.
- Proficiency in French a plus.
- Willingness to travel approximately 25 percent (when travel is permitted).
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career's page .
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Job Location
- Washington, DC, United States
- Company Location
- United States, Washington, DC
- Position Type
Who do you know at
LinkedIn Facebook Twitter Email AddThis
Return To Job Listings
Closing date: 21st January 2021 @23:59 GMT Interviews: week commencing 1st February Location: Based in Washington DC, USA To view a list of locations where Oxfam works click here Oxfam...
Veterinarians (PT or FT) at BENSON ANIMAL HOSPITAL – Just 5 Minutes Outside of DC! *SIGNING BONUS* , Benson Animal Hospital, 16 daysSkip to main content Header Menu Join/Renew Insurance Store Careers Search jobs Post a job Veterinary Career Center Work at AVMA Membership Advocacy Education & Career Resources &...
About Mapbox Mapbox is the only mapping platform built just for designers and developers. Job Description Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing,...
Req ID: 109633 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and...
Req ID: 110403 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and...
Skip to main content Header Menu Join/Renew Insurance Store Careers Search jobs Post a job Veterinary Career Center Work at AVMA Membership Advocacy Education & Career Resources &...
Closing date: 21st January 2021 @23:59 GMT Interviews: week commencing 1st...
Veterinarians (PT or FT) at BENSON ANIMAL HOSPITAL – Just 5 Minutes Outside of DC! *SIGNING BONUS* , Benson Animal Hospital, 16 daysSkip to main content Header Menu Join/Renew Insurance Store Careers Search jobs Post a...
About Mapbox Mapbox is the only mapping platform built just for designers and developers. Job...
Req ID: 109633 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
Req ID: 110403 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
Skip to main content Header Menu Join/Renew Insurance Store Careers Search jobs Post a...