Seattle, WASHINGTON | about 1 month
$107,903 Average salary of similar jobs | Check Salary...
Application Developer Sr - DevOps, Starbucks Technology - Seattle, WA (
: US-WA-Seattle-Starbucks Support Center
Starbucks - Application Development
Technology Infrastructure at Starbucks
At our core, we believe technology is a key enabler for growth and is required for business success in the future. We believe Starbucks must advance its technology resources and think long term to innovate and deliver maximum value for our partners, customers and shareholders. We believe it takes collaboration and partnership to deliver results and we will work across the company to enable sustainable business capabilities- not just fulfill immediate needs.
Here in Business Intelligence we’re in the middle of an exciting transformation to convert out previous infrastructure from on-premise, highly monolithic systems to a global distributed cloud compute platform. As such, your role will be key contributor to building and securing this next generation business intelligence system.
Job Summary and Mission
If you’ve got what it takes to help transform one of the most iconic brands in the world into a lean, efficient and highly automated platform, we’d like to talk to you.
As a Starbucks Application Developer Sr - DevOps, your core role will be leading the development and operations of our core infrastructure. This includes all aspects of cloud services within our hybrid environment (private, Azure, AWS), providing infrastructure as code using cutting-edge frameworks in building resources on cloud and on premise at ease. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, .Net, AngularJS, React, Java, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Docker, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Octopus, Maven, iOS, Android, and Azure/AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
This role requires your A-Game: deep technical proficiency in both enterprise-scale systems as well as next gen cloud native applications required. So, if you believe, like we do, that a cup of coffee can change a life and change our world, come check us out and help us deliver that same amazing experience to our customers around the globe.
Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Plan, implement and support core infrastructure with an overall objective to improve the scalability, reliability, performance, and availability
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, debug, evaluate, modify, deploy and document application, system, or infrastructure software.
- Provide integration and deployment tools and scripts.
- Ensures system performance, uptime and support levels meet or exceed SLAs
- Work closely with architects and engineers to design networks, systems, and storage environment that effectively reflect our client's business needs, security, and SLA requirements
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
Summary of Experience:
- 5 Years of experience in IT Build Engineering, infrastructure and delivery experience.
- Must have 4+ years of experience building highly available, scalable cloud based platform and infrastructure for cloud native systems.
- Must have 3+ years of experience in software Project life cycle activities designing, supporting and deploying Internet-based products or services
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a cloud or virtualized environment.
- Must have hands-on experience with AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platforms
- Must have experience with Build Tools, CI/CD, DevOps and Agile principals
Working Knowledge Of:
- Configuration management tools Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible
- Infrastructure provisioning tools Terraform, Cloud Formation, ARM templates, AWS CLI, Azure Powershell, Azure CLI.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio .Net, MS Build Team Foundation Server (TFS), VSTS, .Net Framework, asp.net & SQL Server
- Experience hardening and maintaining secure systems (Safe Harbor or PCI experience a plus!)
- Experience with Shell scripting, Power Shell, Perl, PHP, Ruby, Python, BASH
- Experience with uDeploy, Ant, Maven, Gradle, Grunt, Artifactory, Nexus, Nuget
- Networking and Load Balancers, Firewalls, DNS, VPCs, VPNs, DNS OSI Layers etc
- Experience with revision control source code repositories (Git, SVN, Bitbucket)
- Infrastructure and Application logging and monitoring technologies CloudWatch, Splunk, ELK, Redis, NewRelic, DataDog, Dynatrace, PagerDuty
- Containers and orchestration: Docker, AWS ECS, Azure Service Fabric, Docker Swarm/Datacenter.
- Database Administration, setup, configuration and basic troubleshooting - NoSQL databases (Cassandra, DocumentDB) RDB (MS SQL, Oracle)
- Understanding of internet standards such as HTTP, DNS, FTP, SSH, HTML, XML, JDBC, ODBC, SNMP and other protocols
- UNIX/LINUX and Windows and server experience, including expertise in system installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, capacity planning, monitoring, and security procedures
- Web (IIS, Apache), .Net & Java application (Tomcat, Jboss, etc) server expertise including installation, administration, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, capacity planning, monitoring, and security procedures
Basic qualifications for this role are:
- Bachelor's Degree in information systems or a related field.
- Deep expertise in Public Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, Docker – IaaS, PaaS) and internal hosting infrastructure (server, storage, networking, etc.).
- Candidate must have strong technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts with management, architects, developers and systems & applications engineering teams.
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies such as Scrum.
- Curiosity to understand how things work and how they can be improved.
- Leads by example – with confidence, a positive attitude, patience, honesty and integrity
- Excellent organization and facilitation skills; ability to adapt approach to different types of engagements
- Experience in definition, assessment, and optimization of IT processes (SDLC, ITIL, etc.,)
- Ability to engage in difficult conversations that result in positive, actionable outcomes
- Seeks and provides honest, transparent feedback
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing with strong interpersonal skills and interact with all levels of the organization.
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
Job Title Software Engineer I Job Description I. Job Summary | Major goals and objectives. Interested in working with a small cadre of devs helping people discover relevant and interesting content...
Senior Cloud Engineer-358371 Are you an experienced cloud engineer with a passion for security? Have you built systems designed to provide automation at scale? Are you excited about customer...
Solutions Architect, OCI-1800127K Preferred Qualifications Job Description Senior/Principal Solutions Architect The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build...
Senior Systems Engineer, Linux-027130 Primary Location : USA-Washington-Seattle What you will do (External) Who we are lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The...
Principal Solutions Architect-180011FC Preferred Qualifications Solutions Engineer/Architect Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) is looking for Solutions Architects (SAs) to provide pre-sales,...
About Arm Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our...
Job Title Software Engineer I Job Description I. Job Summary | Major goals and...
Senior Cloud Engineer-358371 Are you an experienced cloud engineer with a passion for security?...
Solutions Architect, OCI-1800127K Preferred Qualifications Job Description Senior/Principal...
Senior Systems Engineer, Linux-027130 Primary Location : USA-Washington-Seattle What you will do...
Principal Solutions Architect-180011FC Preferred Qualifications Solutions...
About Arm Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is...