Full Time | Richfield, UTAH | 14 days
The Best Buy Digital & Technology team is seeking talented Application Engineers to design and develop custom software as well as support implementation of packaged applications.
The Application Engineer is a member of the application delivery team and is responsible for architecting and executing technology solutions that meet our business’ requirements and deliver the associated benefits. Strong software engineering expertise to facilitate flexible, high volume, and reliable systems is a must-have skill. This role is required to apply knowledge and experience to understand business challenges and opportunities, while driving new and innovative approaches to resolving them using a combination of third-party packages and custom developed solutions. The role is integral to drive the creation of modern, modular technology solutions that are engineered for rapid innovation and great customer experience. This person will interact with and must be able to influence other technical leads, software engineers, managers, directors and partners throughout the organization.
- Serve as the primary technical liaison between the application development team and internal infrastructure teams (i.e., Database, Platform, Network, etc.)
- Lead team of internal and / or external engineers to design and develop technical architecture to support business and technology solution requirements
- Own and drive the life cycle management of our technical inventory (e.g. servers, databases, storage, patches, upgrades, technology components)
- Keep up-to-date on industry technology trends/modern software delivery techniques
- Developing and maintaining long term business domain knowledge
- 4+ years' experience working in a large-scale IT organization/function
- 2+ years' experience in architecting high scale, large volume and reliable applications
- 2+ years' experience partnering with business/product team resources to define requirements for application development
- 2+ years of experience in hands-on application delivery
- Bachelor's degree or higher in IT/MIS, Computer Science, Engineering
- Retail supply chain or related domain knowledge
- Experience with Manhattan Warehouse Management Open Systems, Exacta Warehouse Control System, JDA Transportation Management System, Oracle Retail