Architectural Intern (Graduate) - (BIA0005KF)
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies
Reporting directly to the Discipline Director, Senior Project Architect, or Discipline Specialist, this role researches, programs, plans, designs, and administers building projects for clients, applying knowledge of architectural design, construction detailing, construction procedures, zoning and building codes, and building materials for clients according to their desires, needs, and financial resources.
- Plans and programs layout of project(s); coordinates and integrates all other discipline elements into unified design for client review and approval
- Conducts periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with detailed design documents
- Prepares quantitative data (e.g. material take-offs) to support construction cost estimates
- Monitors architectural project scope development and changes, tracking adjustments to the projected project construction cost
- May prepare client project presentations studies, and reports
- Utilizes computer-assisted design software and equipment to prepare project designs and plans
- May direct activities of workers engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents for the Conceptual Design Phase, Schematic Design Phase, and/or the Detailed Design Phase of a project
- Design work to be reviewed and stamped by a Registered Architect
- Periodic travel to construction sites should be anticipated
- BA/BS or Bachelors in Architecture is required
- Intern Development Program candidate is required
- Basic knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, basic rendering and publishing programs, and Microsoft Office suite is required
- Ability to understand and interpret construction drawings is required
- Ability to effectively coordinate with internal architectural and engineering team members is required
- Ability to work independently at times when given a set of instructions is required
- Able to handle multiple tasks at one time is required
- Minimum 1 summer internship utilizing AutoCAD and Revit is preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
: United States-Texas-Houston
: Mar 6, 2019, 4:52:46 PM
We are currently seeking a Sr Project Interior Designer to join our team. As a Sr Project Interior Designer you are responsible for interpreting, organizing and executing the conceptual design of...
Responsibilities Job ID 3039914 Primary Location Houston, Texas, United States of America Date posted 06/28/2019 At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for...
HVAC Design Engineer (Healthcare / Lab) (ID# 42178) Houston, TX Category: Engineering Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 1-5 Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description At WSP, we...
Description About Us Appirio, a Wipro Company helps customers create next-generation Worker and Customer Experiences using the latest cloud technologies. Our free-thinking consultants deliver...
Description About Us: Appirio, a Wipro Company, helps customers create next-generation Worker and Customer Experiences using the latest cloud technologies. Our free-thinking consultants deliver...
We are looking for a talented Global Regulatory and Compliance IT Architect to join our team ! We will rely on you for your unique mastery and recognized authority on applications and processes...
We are currently seeking a Sr Project Interior Designer to join our team. As a Sr Project...
Responsibilities Job ID 3039914 Primary Location Houston, Texas, United States of...
HVAC Design Engineer (Healthcare / Lab) (ID# 42178) Houston, TX Category: Engineering Job...
Description About Us Appirio, a Wipro Company helps customers create next-generation Worker and...
Description About Us: Appirio, a Wipro Company, helps customers create next-generation Worker...
We are looking for a talented Global Regulatory and Compliance IT Architect to join our team !...