Assignment Network - Program Officer, Center for Digital and Data Excellence
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
***Assignment Network available - this position is open to internal candidates only.***
This assignment network is an in-house networking process to facilitate matching opportunities and people for short-term and low-percentage assignments. We now have a new position available through the assignment network.
Percentage time: 50%
Program/Division: Center for Digital and Data Excellence
Location: Any, with flexibility to attend regular meetings in the Pacific and Central Europe time zones.
Start date: Immediately
End date: June 7, 2021
Scope of Work
PATH is working with WHO to develop a process to evaluate tobacco cessation apps which can be recommended by its digital health worker “Florence”. The scope of work includes assessing the market for tobacco cessation apps (size of market, number of apps, key findings from peer reviewed studies on the market and effectiveness of apps in the market) and developing an initial set of criteria to short-list apps that WHO should further assess. The scope of work also includes developing a simple process for WHO to assess the apps meeting the market criteria, using the framework for assessment guide, already developed by WHO. As part of this project, the Program Officer will work with the Director of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning and Senior Program Officer, NCDs to:
- Review WHO’s draft evaluation framework for digital tobacco cessation apps and Digital Clearinghouse.
- Using the 42matters mobile app intelligence platform, conduct a market landscape of digital tobacco cessation apps, extracting information relevant to evaluation criteria about each app.
- Work with Senior Program Officer, NCDs, to incorporate new evidence on the effectiveness of digital apps for tobacco cessation into market landscape.
- Draft market landscape report.
- Support development of an assessment process for short-listed apps.
- Participate in regular calls with donor.
- Required Experience
- Excellent computer skills using MS Office Suite required, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and SharePoint.
- Strong data management skills, including ability to extract and managing data from online databases.
- Familiarity with public health behavior change strategies, especially tobacco control interventions, preferred.
- Familiarity with principles for digital development
- Demonstrated ability to systematically review, organize, and synthesize information across a wide range of topics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, high level of attention to detail and effective under deadlines.
- Job Location
- Multi-city, United States
- Company Location
- Worldwide-Any Existing PATH Office (Worldwide)
- Position Type
Who do you know at
LinkedIn Facebook Twitter Email AddThis
Return To Job Listings
Consultant - Design Assessment Toolkit for Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance Proposals - Remote, Mercy Corps, 5 daysDescription Background: Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we...
About Lacework Lacework delivers threat/anomaly detection and compliance across multicloud environments, workloads, containers and K8s. Job Description Cloud computing is revolutionizing IT and...
We’re looking for a talented designer with engaging product experiences. Your portfolio is a testament to your empathy for users, your ability to balance the simple with the fun and robust, and...
Description Xylem |ˈzīləm| 1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots; 2) a leading global water technology company. Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated...
About Sysdig Sysdig enables companies to confidently run cloud-native workloads in production. With the Sysdig Secure DevOps Platform, cloud teams embed security, maximize availability, and...
Description This posting will remain open until May 3, 2021, or until 100-150 applications are received. INTERN WORKSITE LOCATION: Remote DATES OF INTERNSHIP: May-August 2021 HOURS PER WEEK: ...
Consultant - Design Assessment Toolkit for Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance Proposals - Remote, Mercy Corps, 5 daysDescription Background: Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that...
About Lacework Lacework delivers threat/anomaly detection and compliance across multicloud...
We’re looking for a talented designer with engaging product experiences. Your portfolio is a...
Description Xylem |ˈzīləm| 1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots; 2) a...
About Sysdig Sysdig enables companies to confidently run cloud-native workloads in production....
Description This posting will remain open until May 3, 2021, or until 100-150 applications are...