A Laboratory Assistant Graduate is responsible for the proper collection and processing of laboratory specimens under the task direction of the Laboratory Supervisor, Assistant Supervisor, Medical Technologist II, Medical Technologist/Technician and/or Lead Lab Assistant. He/she is expected to be competent in the use of the laboratory information system, to assist in the handling of test orders, reports (i.e., filing, distributing, faxing) and to maintain supplies associated with assigned duties. Expected to demonstrate excellent customer service skills, team work, professionalism, good judgment and organizational skills.
- Collect laboratory specimens: Perform venipuncture proficiently on all age groups. Escort members for urine specimen collection to the rest room and explain collection procedure. Follow department policies/procedures for specimen collection, including Standard Precautions. Maintain a professional demeanor/appearance per regional policy while collecting specimens. Research and collect appropriate specimen for the test requested. Address members properly, collecting specimens efficiently with compassion. Clearly explain, ensure understanding of collection/storage instructions for patients with take home tests. Promptly respond to requests for venipunctures to be performed in areas outside of the lab. Be familiar with emergency codes and be able to execute appropriate emergency procedures. Protect PHI per HIPAA, including shred or properly dispose of all unused labels. Keep work area/ phlebotomy room clean/stocked with in date supplies, complete checklist.
- Deliver great customer service: Show care and respect for members at all times, resolving issues or finding someone who can. Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers. Prioritize work to meet member/customer needs; e.g. be mindful of wait times. Consistently displays good communication skills.
- Perform necessary front desk functions: Greet members promptly using good customer service skills (make eye contact, smile). Exhibit competency in Cerner, the laboratory information system. Exhibit competency in HealthConnect. Maintain a professional demeanor/appearance per regional policy while checking in members. Use good telephone etiquette (give name, location). No eating, drinking, chewing gum, or applying makeup. Process infertility orders/payments accurately. Monitor the waiting area for members waiting, using the Caution List. Protect PHI per HIPAA. Keep front desk and waiting area neat and stocked with in date supplies & patient instructions.
- Process specimens: Process stats, coagulation and other time sensitive specimens immediately. Notify the technologist when stats are brought into the technical area or call sister lab when sending a STAT. Follow through with add-on requests. Follow department policies/procedures for processing specimens. Monitor pending functions daily to ensure all collected specimens have been processed. Keep accessioning work area clean/stocked with in date necessary and appropriate supplies, complete checklist.
- Be informed/provide information: Complete all mandatory training, policy/procedure review and competency requirements. Assist with preparation of facility lab, participate in internal DHR inspections, being prepared to answer inspectors' questions. Attend department and facility meetings as well as applicable in-service education programs. Responsible for reading and complying with information communicated in weekly laboratory newsletters. Document quality issues and communicate to supervisor.
- High School diploma or GED.
License, Certification, Registration
- American Heart Association BLS certification acquired by start date.
- Must demonstrate good customer service skills.
- Must have a history of punctuality.
- Must have a history of good attendance.
- Completion of a phlebotomy training program.
Business Development Manager - WD30069342105 What you will do Working under the direction of the General Manager – Controls Specialty Products and in conjunction with Johnson Controls channel...
Grow your career with The Adecco Group, the world’s leading provider of recruiting and career services. The CDS Manager manages Central Order Management (COM) staff to ensure efficient and...
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers...
Retail Support - Receiving Team Lead, Full Time: North Point( Job Number: 717110003) Description Job Overview: The Receiving Team Lead is responsible for supervising a team of associates in all...
Job Description Overall Responsibilities The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for managing and overseeing network infrastructure and performing administration, engineering and architecture...
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members...
Business Development Manager - WD30069342105 What you will do Working under the direction of the...
Grow your career with The Adecco Group, the world’s leading provider of recruiting and career...
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging...
Retail Support - Receiving Team Lead, Full Time: North Point( Job...
Job Description Overall Responsibilities The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for managing...
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper...