1. Bachelor’s degree or higher from a recognized, accredited college or university;
2. Licensed as an Athletic Trainer by the Texas Department of Health;
3. National Athletic Trainers' Association certification preferred;
4. Valid Texas teaching certificate preferred;
5. Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Probationary/Term Contract: 187 days
Pay Grade T60 (Teacher Classification) as approved by the Board of Trustees
Additional athletic stipend as approved
1. Working under the direct supervision of the team physician(s) and Head Athletic Trainer, to assist in implementing the following:
a. management of acute injury or illness to athlete
b. rehabilitation procedures
c. operation of therapeutic devices and equipment
d. application of braces, guards, tape and other devices
e. referrals to the physician, health services, or hospital
f. maintain medical records on athletes
g. coordination of annual athletic physicals.
2. Assist in planning and implementing a comprehensive athletic injury and illness prevention program for student athletes.
3. Attend practice sessions and athletic contests as assigned by athletic director.
4. Establish and maintain effective communication with students, parents, medical and paramedical personnel, coaches, and other staff.
5. Assist in providing physical conditioning training to student athletes.
6. Assist in preparing athletes for games and practices by conducting evaluations and using tape, wraps, splints, braces, and other protective devices as needed.
7. Assist in responding to emergencies, identifying acute injuries, making quick independent judgments, and providing first-aid triage including assessing injuries and deciding whether an athlete should seek further medical attention and should discontinue participation in the athletic event.
8. Assist in establishing specific procedures to be carried out by a coach or assistant trainer in the event of a medical emergency.
9. Assist in detecting and resolving environmental risks to athletes.
10. Assist in determining therapeutic goals and objectives for individual athletes and in planning and implementing a comprehensive rehabilitation and reconditioning program for injuries and illnesses sustained by student athletes.
11. Assist in applying therapeutic modalities and instructing athletes on proper use of exercise equipment.
12. Assist in selecting, training, and supervising student assistants.
13. Assist in revising and implementing annual sports medicine program budget.
14. Assist in conducting annual CPR, AED, and first aid training and recertification of district personnel.
15. Assist in compiling, maintaining, and filing all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents including medical, accident and treatment records as required.
16. Assist in overseeing training room operations including maintaining inventory of training supplies and equipment. Assist in requisitioning additional supplies as needed.
17. Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job function.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Athletic equipment, standard office equipment including computer and peripherals, and other instructional equipment; automated external defibrillator (AED); operate school bus
Posture: Prolonged standing; kneeling, squatting, bending, and stooping; frequent driving; moderate grasping/ squeezing, wrist flexion/extension, and reaching
Motion: Frequent walking and physical movements associated with sport(s) assigned
Lifting: Frequently light lifting (less than 15 pounds); occasional moderate lifting or carrying (15-44 pounds)
Environment: Work outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather) and inside; frequent exposure to noise; frequent district-wide and state-wide travel; frequent prolonged and irregular hours; moderate exposure to vehicle fumes and work around moving vehicles
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress
Applications will be reviewed
Not all applicants will be interviewed
Hiring Managers may choose to email you regarding this application. Please monitor your email regularly for any communication.
BECOME A TEACHER IN TEXAS:
Primary Purpose: Provide instruction and coach students to develop skills and ability to excel in assigned sport(s). Contribute to education program as a whole and to growth of students involved...
Primary Purpose: The Assistant Middle School Band Director is responsible for implementing the District instructional programs and educational philosophy of instrumental music for grades six...
This position will be filled for the 2021-2022 school year. Primary Purpose: Provide guidance to teachers in appropriate program options, methods of instruction, and student intervention in order...
Assistant Consultant, Mechanical Engineer (ID# 48325) Houston, TX Category: Mechanical Engineering Job Type: Converting Intern Minimum Experience: 0-1 Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job...
Working Title Phlebotomy Adjunct Instructor Role Title Job Open Date Job Close Date Jobs close at 11:59pm EST/EDT. Open Until Fill Job Type Detail Definition Is this position funded in whole or in...
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members...
Primary Purpose: Provide instruction and coach students to develop skills and ability to excel...
Primary Purpose: The Assistant Middle School Band Director is responsible for implementing the...
This position will be filled for the 2021-2022 school year. Primary Purpose: Provide guidance to...
Assistant Consultant, Mechanical Engineer (ID# 48325) Houston, TX Category: Mechanical...
Working Title Phlebotomy Adjunct Instructor Role Title Job Open Date Job Close Date Jobs close...
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper...