Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Assistant General Counsel - Corporate Transactions & Governance to join our KPMG’s Office of General Counsel organization.
- Advise and execute on private company mergers and acquisitions and other strategic initiatives, including strategic alliances, joint ventures, financings, corporate and partnership governance, and similar transactions and matters
- Review and negotiate strategic transactions, including negotiation and review of all definitive deal documents
- Conduct and oversee due diligence in strategic transactions
- Partner with other cross-functional teams throughout the firm (e.g., risk management, privacy, compliance, information security, and technology)
- Oversee and coordinate relevant legal matters handled by outside counsel
- Minimum seven years of general corporate experience with a leading law firm and/or in house with a sizable in-house legal department; experience with public accounting firms or other regulated entities is preferred
- J.D. or LL.M. from an accredited law school and licensed to practice law in New York
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with consistently high-quality work product in a fast-paced environment
- Client-service orientation with the ability to create effective working relationships cross-functionally, including interfacing with internal and external stakeholders on legal and business matters
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; fluent in Spanish or Portuguese is preferred
- Strategic thinking in sensitive and complex situations with highest ethical standards
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
Marketing Statement MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of...
back Menu Menu MembershipOpen submenu AdvocacyOpen submenu Education & CareerOpen submenu Resources & ToolsOpen submenu EventsOpen submenu NewsOpen submenu AboutOpen...
This post is located in the Office of Staff Legal Assistance (OSLA) in New York, Office of Administration of Justice (OAJ). The Office of Staff Legal Assistance is headed by the Chief (Senior...
Marketing Statement NYC Health + Hospitals Harlem Center has been a bedrock of the Harlem community since 1887. The hospital provides a wide range of medical, surgical, diagnostic, therapeutic...
Coordinating Manager, Risk Management, Correctional Health Services - 55419, Health and Hospitals Corporation, 14 daysMarketing Statement NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the nation. We are a network of 11 hospitals, trauma centers, neighborhood health centers, nursing homes, and...
Marketing Statement Queens Hospital Center is making good on its promise to the people of southeastern and central Queens to maximize both patient convenience and positive clinical outcomes....
Marketing Statement MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to...
back Menu Menu MembershipOpen submenu AdvocacyOpen submenu Education & CareerOpen...
This post is located in the Office of Staff Legal Assistance (OSLA) in New York, Office of...
Marketing Statement NYC Health + Hospitals Harlem Center has been a bedrock of the Harlem...
Coordinating Manager, Risk Management, Correctional Health Services - 55419, Health and Hospitals Corporation, 14 daysMarketing Statement NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the...
Marketing Statement Queens Hospital Center is making good on its promise to the people of...