Assistant Loss Prevention Manager - Downtown Seattle-335226
Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. We're looking for a motivated individual to help supervise the day-to-day operations of the Loss Prevention program within their respective store(s).
From attentive sales people to meticulous tailors and innovative merchants, our teams are comprised of talented people who work hard to delight the customer. When you join a Nordstrom Store, you are welcomed into a family dedicated to creating memorable and rewarding shopping experiences for our customers.
The ideal assistant Loss Prevention manager takes ownership and initiative, is skilled in time management, and has the ability to maintain confidentiality and high ethical standards.
- Work with the Loss Prevention manager to ensure complete building security and safety
- Respond to and report all store security and emergency situations, for example, administer first aid, escort hostile individuals from the store, help lost children, etc.
- Work with the Loss Prevention manager to assist employees with safety incidents and participate in the store Emergency Response team, when necessary
- Develop knowledge of and maintain all security and fire alarm systems
- Partner with the Loss Prevention manager to educate store employees about how to reduce loss of merchandise
- Observe customer behavior for indicators of both internal and external theft, for example, fraudulent check or credit card activity, shoplifting, etc.
- Assist in coaching Loss Prevention employees to ensure they meet performance standards and expectations
- Review and approve all reports to ensure that Loss Prevention incidents and cases are reported properly and document the review of detention room videotapes, as necessary
Have a high school diploma, or equivalent (preferred)
Proven success in investigative, loss prevention and security procedures
- A comprehensive understanding of both APIS and XBR, preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with co-workers and customers
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong organizational, delegation and follow-through skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Computer proficiency, including use of monitoring and surveillance technologies
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store needs
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to Fortune ™ magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. No visa sponsorship is available for this position. The hours and schedule for this position will vary by week depending on business needs. Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
: Loss Prevention Management
: 03/21/2018, 5:31:07 PM
: United States-Washington-Seattle
Macy's Downtown Seattle, Seattle, WA: Asset Protection / Loss Prevention Manager( Job Number: 713102052) Description Job Overview: As an Asset Protection Manager, you will support My Macy’s...
Job ID: 158481 Store Name/Number: WA-Southcenter (0156) Address: 616 Southcenter Mall, Seattle, WA 98188, United States (US) Hourly/Salaried: Hourly (Non-Exempt) Full Time/Part Time: Part...
Your surprise is waiting! Come check out the opportunities at Marshalls, where we strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and work-life balance. Marshalls delivers customers great...
Variety and Challenge. Growth and Opportunity. In the retail business, we move fast. We’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with...
Job ID: 158480 Store Name/Number: WA-Southcenter (0156) Address: 616 Southcenter Mall, Seattle, WA 98188, United States (US) Hourly/Salaried: Hourly (Non-Exempt) Full Time/Part Time: Part...
The incumbent works under the general supervision of the Engineering Equipment Operator Supervisor. All work is performed in accordance with verbal or written instruction. Incumbent in...
Macy's Downtown Seattle, Seattle, WA: Asset Protection / Loss Prevention Manager( Job...
Job ID: 158481 Store Name/Number: WA-Southcenter (0156) Address: 616 Southcenter Mall, Seattle,...
Your surprise is waiting! Come check out the opportunities at Marshalls, where we strive to...
Variety and Challenge. Growth and Opportunity. In the retail business, we move fast. We’re...
Job ID: 158480 Store Name/Number: WA-Southcenter (0156) Address: 616 Southcenter Mall, Seattle,...
The incumbent works under the general supervision of the Engineering Equipment Operator...