Associate Director, Project & Portfolio Management
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
PATH is currently recruiting for an Associate Director, Project and Portfolio Management responsible for supervising a team of Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) staff and leading project and portfolio management activities within PATH’s Essential Medicines Division.
The Associate Director, PPM is a core member of the PPM Leadership Team and will help ensure the adoption and use of standardized project and portfolio management tools across the division as well as managing a team of PPM staff. The Associate Director, PPM will serve as the primary PM contact with the Respiratory Infection and Maternal Immunization (RIMI) disease area. In this role, the Associate Director, PPM will be a core member of the RIMI Leadership Team (LT) will help coordinate proposals, integrate PM processes and tools, and partner with the RIMI Global Head, the RIMI Director of Finance, and RIMI LT to manage the project portfolio. The Associate Director, PPM will also manage vaccine projects and/or CVIA initiatives.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together institutions, businesses, investors, and individuals to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, market development, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide. Learn more at www.path.org .
PATH’s Center for Vaccine Innovation and Access brings together our expertise across every stage of the long and complex process of vaccine research, development, and delivery to make lifesaving vaccines widely available to children and communities across the world. CVIA’s current portfolio encompasses more than two dozen vaccines either in development or already in use to protect against 17 different diseases. Our focus is on vaccines to address the leading diseases that claim children’s lives worldwide: pneumonia, diarrheal disease, and malaria; as well as other global health priorities, such as polio and meningitis. We work in partnership with national health ministries, pharmaceutical manufacturers, donors, international financing and regulatory organizations, and many others. PATH has led numerous global partnerships, including the award-winning Meningitis Vaccine Project and the Malaria Vaccine Initiative , which helped develop the first malaria vaccine candidate recommended for pilot implementation.
- Active participant in the PPM Leadership Team in developing and implementing new tools and processes, as well as sharing lessons learned with PPM Team.
- Primary PM contact with Disease Area Leadership Team:
- Partner with the Disease Area Global Head and Disease Area Leadership team to develop and implement disease area strategy, including alignment of tactical plans.
- Work closely with the RIMI Finance Director and project teams to determine resources required to implement projects across assigned disease area and identify gaps for discussion with functional area leaders.
- Educate the Disease Area Leadership on project management processes and drive the use of and continuous improvement on PM tools and practices. Responsible for driving workforce planning activities in the Disease Area.
- Work with project management and disease area leadership to drive quality data in the Project and Portfolio Management system to support CVIA’s cross-project, portfolio-level reporting.
- Actively manage assigned projects including, but not limited to:
- Work with the Project Director(s) and other project team members to develop overall program strategy, and global, cross-functionally integrated work plans.
- Partner with Project Director(s) to determine project success and go/no-go criteria and timing for tactical and decision-making reviews throughout the project lifecycle.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope and drive risk management including developing and implementing mitigation strategies in a constantly changing environment.
- Drive development and tracking of project plans including schedules, resource plans, communication plans, risk mitigation plans, and issue resolution plans.
- Coordinate activities with external business partners as applicable.
- Help to develop and maintain high-performing teams and partner with Project Director(s) to remove impediments to success.
- As assigned, coordinate and contribute to the development of new grant proposals and the revision of existing proposals.
Leadership/Management responsibilities include:
- Manage Project & Portfolio Management line staff.
- Contribute to the improvement of project and portfolio management systems and tools. Collaborate on efforts to develop and improve project management processes and training. Lead process improvement workstreams and implement change initiatives across the division.
- Serve as a meeting manager for governance meetings.
- Act as a resource for questions related to product development and project management processes.
- Serve as an active member of the PPM Leadership Team.
- Required Experience
- At least eight years of overall biologics product development experience across the product development lifecycle, including at least 6 years in a hands-on project management role working in cross-functional teams.
- Experience managing global projects across various phases of development in pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry or similar highly desired. Vaccine knowledge as well as experience managing projects in low-resource countries preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in life sciences or relevant discipline.
- At least 3 years directly supervising and mentoring multiple staff in a project management context.
- Extensive knowledge implementing and using project management systems, such as Smartsheet, as well as project reporting and risk management tools.
- Certification in project management highly desired.
- Demonstrated experience leading or collaborating on process improvements and/or change initiatives.
- Ability to work effectively on fast-paced, complex projects.
- Advanced computer skills, including MS Office Suite.
- Strong interpersonal skills including negotiation and conflict management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Job Location
- Seattle, Washington, United States
- Company Location
- United States, Seattle
- Position Type
Who do you know at
LinkedIn Facebook Twitter Email AddThis
Return To Job Listings
Oversee all activities for a major system group or functional area. Oversee all activities related to selecting, implementing, managing, and maintaining information systems and/or functions....
KAISER PERMANENTE WASHINGTON HEALTH RESEARCH INSTITUTE (KPWHRI) IS SEEKING AN EXPERIENCED GRANT MANAGER WHO DESIRES TO WORK IN A FAST-PACED, COLLEGIAL ENVIRONMENT SUPPORTING WORLD-CLASS...
**This position will be a Finance & Strategy Fellow.Prerequisite for this position is successful completion of the Finance & Strategy Internship Program.** Business Consulting: Includes...
Description: This position is responsible for coordinating, developing, planning, organizing all aspects of region wide Imaging Operations in collaboration with Imaging leadership. Serves as a...
In a consulting role, provide leadership and direction to end users in the area of IT strategic planning and integration. Work with all levels of staff across all regions, medical facilities and...
PUBLIC TITLE: ONCOLOGY PROGRAM MANAGER PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: ONCOLOGY PROGRAM EXPERIENCE AND/OR PASSION Responsible for developing, coordinating, and providing administrative leadership and...
Oversee all activities for a major system group or functional area. Oversee all activities...
KAISER PERMANENTE WASHINGTON HEALTH RESEARCH INSTITUTE (KPWHRI) IS SEEKING AN EXPERIENCED GRANT...
**This position will be a Finance & Strategy Fellow.Prerequisite for this position is...
Description: This position is responsible for coordinating, developing, planning, organizing all...
In a consulting role, provide leadership and direction to end users in the area of IT strategic...
PUBLIC TITLE: ONCOLOGY PROGRAM MANAGER PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: ONCOLOGY PROGRAM EXPERIENCE...