Associate Specialist, Engineering-ENG003418
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
At Merck’s campus in Elkton, Virginia, we have an Associate Specialist, Engineering position available on our Technical Operations Team. The manufacturing facility is located in the Shenandoah Valley along the Shenandoah River and the Blue Ridge Mountains a short distance from the University of Virginia and James Madison University.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to apply their enthusiasm and technical skills as a member of a multidisciplinary team supporting the operation of pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, vaccine product manufacturing facilities.
Responsibilities may include:
- Providing technical support for vaccine, biologic, and sterile manufacturing processes in the form of data analysis, troubleshooting, problem-solving, report writing
- Supporting change control implementation
- Learning new processes and procedures
- Performing shift work as needed
- Conducting technical investigations and analyses
- Recommending and implementing corrective and preventative actions, and helping lead reduction of atypical events
- Writing, reviewing, and improving procedures for operation of equipment and processes
- Contributing to process and equipment safety reviews
- B.S. or M.S. degree in, biology, biochemistry, biochemical engineering, biological systems engineering, biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, computer science, integrated science, or related disciplines and 0-3 years of relevant industrial experience.
- Excellent academic record
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, team skills, personal character, and ethics
- Strong problem solving skills and a hands-on approach to problem solving, with a bias towards going to see problems for oneself in the field.
- Ability to examine an issue from diverse perspectives (safety, compliance, maintenance, automation, equipment, process, and people) in order to best understand and resolve it.
- Enthusiasm, confidence, and initiative-taking ability needed for continuous learning and its applications.
- Strong desire to succeed and to help others to do the same.
- Experience working in a cGMP environment
- Work, co-op, or internship experience in industry
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
AISES2017, STEM2017, SWE, SHPE, HBAMerck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job Title:Assoc. Spclst, Engineering
: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: Acids, bases, process materials
Company Trade Name:Merck
Project Manager - Pharmaceutical - (FS 0002VY) Description The Company With 2016 revenues of approximately $10.9 billion, Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs) is one of the largest publicly...
Job Title Director of the Dietetics Program Job Category Academic/Research Company James Madison University Harrisonburg, Virginia 22807 http://www.jmu.edu/ Job Description and Requirements The...
Client Service Analyst I - (2175450) Description First Data is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology solutions, serving more than six million business locations and 4,000 financial...
Welder - Container - (17018898) Primary Location : United States-Virginia-Harrisonburg Flexible Work Location Acceptable: No Shift : Day Travel : No FLSA Status : Non-exempt Job : Labor...
/ Your Talent. Our Vision. /* At Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield * , a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies,* it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re...
Working Title Integrated Waste Management Supervisor Senior Role Title Trades Technician IV - 79034 Job Open Date 11/01/2017 Job Close Date Jobs close at 11:59pm EST/EDT. 11/08/2017 Job Type...
Project Manager - Pharmaceutical - (FS 0002VY) Description The Company With 2016 revenues of...
Job Title Director of the Dietetics Program Job Category Academic/Research Company James Madison...
Client Service Analyst I - (2175450) Description First Data is a global leader in...
Welder - Container - (17018898) Primary Location : United States-Virginia-Harrisonburg Flexible...
/ Your Talent. Our Vision. /* At Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield * , a proud member of the...
Working Title Integrated Waste Management Supervisor Senior Role Title Trades Technician IV -...