Associate Specialist, Environmental Health and Safety-ENV000491
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its 125-year legacy. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
With management and Radiation Safety Officer direction, the incumbent is responsible for supporting Radiation Safety and other Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) programs as a team member within Global Safety and the Environment West Point. They are to integrate programs into daily operations to assure regulatory compliance, achieve continuous performance improvement, and meet departmental performance objectives. The employee partners with various departments to achieve objectives in alignment with site business goals and values.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Performing receipt of radioactive material packages in compliance with Merck’s Radioactive Material License and PADEP requirements. May perform data entry for incoming materials and maintain records.
- Performing radiation level measurements and contamination surveys of equipment and authorized radioactive material areas. Collects needed information and prepares documentation ranging from simple equipment wipe testing to full release surveys of laboratories and buildings.
- Auditing radioactive material permits and authorized locations. May provide support for site-based programmatic audits.
- Performing instrument calibrations and response checks for portable detection equipment and liquid scintillation counters or other laboratory-based instrumentation.
- Providing radiation safety training to new scientists and ancillary staff. Assisting with course development for both online and face-to-face trainings.
- Facilitating the proper handling, inventory and disposal of radioactive wastes.
- Performing safety evaluations of new radioactive experiments and providing general support to authorized radioactive material users.
- Performing other duties as assigned to support the Radiation Safety and EHS Programs.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Health Physics or a physical science.
- Professional experience in a radiation safety role -OR- completion of a related internship.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, organized, detail oriented, effective communications.
- Within 90 days of being hired, the employee must successfully be deemed “Trustworthy and Reliable” by Merck’s Reviewing Official, per Regulatory requirements
- Achievement or interest in professional certification.
- Experience supporting research with radioactive materials.
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Env, Health & Safety Generic
Job Title:Assoc. Spclst, Safety & Environment
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Hazardous Materials: radioactive and biological materials, various chemicals
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Environmental Engineering, Medical, Environmental Health & Safety, Safety, Law, Healthcare, Engineering, Service, Legal
Job ID:R00047849 Category:Supply Chain Work Location:Green Tree, PA Posted Date:March 1, 2018 Key Responsibilities: Nalco has an opening for an Welder Fabrication Specialist II in our Global...
A mutually rewarding experience. Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer...
The Clinical Safety Physician provides guidance and expertise on all aspects of –clinical safety throughout the entire lifecycle of a product with special emphasis on ongoing evaluation of safety...
9 hours ago | Agribusiness - Equipment, Manufacturing and Technical - Maintenance/Repair, AgCareers.com, 9 daysFor more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we re one of the world...
AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Senior Technical Writer for immediate employment in either Conshohocken, PA or Germantown, MD office to support the AECOM's Power and Energy...
40217BR Division 4320: AWS - Bucks-Mont Location 42215: Telford-731 E Reliance Rd Legal Entity BFI WASTE SERVICES OF PENNSYLVANIA, LLC About Us Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S....
Job ID:R00047849 Category:Supply Chain Work Location:Green Tree, PA Posted Date:March 1,...
A mutually rewarding experience. Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being...
The Clinical Safety Physician provides guidance and expertise on all aspects of –clinical safety...
9 hours ago | Agribusiness - Equipment, Manufacturing and Technical - Maintenance/Repair, AgCareers.com, 9 daysFor more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have...
AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Senior Technical Writer for immediate...
40217BR Division 4320: AWS - Bucks-Mont Location 42215: Telford-731 E Reliance Rd Legal...