The Business Development Professional position requires a Bachelor’s degree in science/engineering with experience in wireless video technologies plus 15 years of business development experience with the Department of Justice (DOJ) or relevant experience with the Federal Government, or Master's degree and 13 years of relevant experience.
Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a JANTEQ Business Development professional. The position provides an opportunity to enable the design, manufacture and license state-of-the-art high definition video digital microwave transmitters and receivers for the commercial broadcast industry and Government/Homeland Security applications of this technology. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with commercial and US Government customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out their missions. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, the successful candidate will enhance his or her skill set by working among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues. The employee will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
The JANTEQ Business Development professional is charged with identifying, developing, and capturing new opportunities inside the commercial and national security space community for General Dynamics Mission Systems. He/she will report directly to the JANTEQ Business Director, while also working closely and collaboratively with other GDMS Business Directors to identify, pursue and capture high priority opportunities that support company strategic goals. Additionally, he/she is responsible for developing business growth strategies and assisting senior leadership in setting strategic direction, identifying required new capabilities, recommending investment decisions, providing feedback on products, industry trends and customer needs, and fostering partnerships and teaming with other companies to support successful proposal bids.
- Architect innovative new mission solutions which maximize JANTEQ and GDMS workshare
- Contributes to shaping major market opportunities for the JANTEQ product line
- Grow GDMS business by developing, maintaining, and successfully executing a strategic growth strategy; directs development of technical strategies and teaming strategies
- Create and maintain strong relationships with other business units, Lines of Business and companies within GDMS and General Dynamics Corporation
- Establish and maintain customer relationships within Federal Government Agencies and its mission partners
- Develop JANTEQ specific marketing, branding, and external messaging collateral used to proliferate and raise brand awareness in support of new business identification and capture;
- Researches and reports important shifts in technological landscape & implications to the company; actively exposes high-level risks
Additional duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop, maintain, and track business strategy and technology plans; develop investment budgets to support strategy and plans
- Collaborate with JANTEQ/GDMS engineering, program management, finance, contracts, legal, quality, business development, and support organizations to identify and develop new business solutions that are executable within the JANTEQ business model and competitive in the market, and integrate these solutions with the strategic plan
- Maintain and manage the business opportunity funnel per GDMS business processes
- Direct the work of senior consultants and subject matter experts on technical and programmatic matters relevant to developing new JANTEQ business
- Build and maintain relationships with key government, commercial and corporate customers, including General Dynamics internal stakeholders
- Analyze government budgets and other funding sources to support strategy development
- End-to-end life cycle responsibility for the capture of strategically important opportunities including: opportunity identification and qualification, leading teaming discussions/approvals, advocating investment decisions, developing pursuit budgets, developing cost/pricing strategies, attending industry days, maintaining customer contacts, shaping opportunities, and leading the capture team through gate reviews, and proposal development
- Write and review proposals, RFI responses, technical papers, capability briefings, and marketing collateral
- Make technical and business presentations
Other Job Characteristics/Qualifications:
- Demonstrated technical understanding of wireless video broadcasting and surveillance
- Demonstrated ability to architect new and innovative mission solutions
- Fifteen years of recent relevant experience working with Government acquisition
- Demonstrated working knowledge of policy, architectural, technical, and operational aspects of the national security markets
- Demonstrated working knowledge of US government acquisition processes
- Demonstrated ability to lead the capture of new business opportunities of $100M or above, including campaign leadership and interdisciplinary team leadership
- Demonstrated ability to broaden business base by winning contracts in adjacent or non-core business areas
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate intercompany contracts or (external) teaming agreements
- Oral presentation skills commensurate with executive level briefings and public speaking engagements. Excellent business proposal writing skills
- Must be able to travel at least 50% of the time
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
The JANTEQ business within GDMS seeks to design and deliver innovative and reliable wireless equipment that meet our customers’ unique mission critical needs in both the commercial and federal sector. JANTEQ has designed equipment that operates in diverse areas such as the International Space Station, the Space Shuttle, on-board cameras on race cars and also Network Broadcast TV.
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we...
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Program Manager to join the Battle.net Data team. The team’s vision is to be the engineering backbone of our Gateway,...
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running. We are a community of 4,000 global employees who are passionate about not only...
Bio-Rad is looking for a Senior Trade Compliance Specialist. This position can be located in our Hercules, CA, Pleasanton, CA or Irvine, CA offices. Works on projects and tasks that are local and...
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply...
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas or end once those games are...
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Program Manager to join the...
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several...
Bio-Rad is looking for a Senior Trade Compliance Specialist. This position can be located in our...
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise...