United States of America
CANHQ: CCS HQ - Syracuse, NY 6304 Thompson Rd, Syracuse, NY, 13221 USA
Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
If you’re a current student or a recent graduate in Engineering, you may be eligible for Carrier’s Graduate Hire Program. We are accepting applications for our 2020 program. The cohort starts in June and applicants must have received their degree prior to cohort start date. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas within the skills of the future- Digital Products, Cyber Security, Data Analytics, Embedded Systems, Model Based Development, Software, Systems and UI Development. Carrier’s Graduate Hire Program provides a hands-on engineering experience in a supported, closely mentored cohort. Associates of the Graduate Hire Program will obtain career development opportunities, exposure to leadership and will develop a strong professional network. The goal of the Carrier’s Graduate Hire Program is to help early career professionals become productive and successful engineers within the one year development program.
Developers at UTC have a passion for writing object-oriented, reusable enterprise-level software. If you are looking for an opportunity to do application development in C++ and C#, or implement REST based APIs in a service-based architecture, we want to meet you. We are seeking an innovative, data driven, results-oriented Software Development Engineer to contribute to our growing delivery team.
The Software Development Engineer will review and contribute to requirements, plan and estimate development work, architect, design and implement software solutions, assist with test plans and documentation, and maintain those solutions. This position produces significant results through a broad and deep functional knowledge, demonstration of independence, sound engineering judgment, the building of strong coaching/mentoring peer relationships, and skills in software design, programming, and enterprise software. Under minimal supervision, the Software Development Engineer can be responsible for several components of a project or a complex component of a larger project. This position contributes to their team by applying their advanced knowledge of one or more functional areas or disciplines.
What you’ll do:
· Champion best practices for software development.
· Work closely with platform and web developers to ensure the integrity of the application throughout the development life cycle.
· Work within a cross-functional software team to produce tangible, functional deliverables.
· Architect, design, and implement features in existing applications, new applications, and service-based solutions.
· Translate agile software development stories into reusable units of functionality.
Experience & Qualifications
· A minimum of five (5) years of experience developing server applications.
· REST or other web API knowledge and experience.
· Strong knowledge of a popular programming language and its paradigms.
· Experience with multi-threaded server applications.
· Familiarity with source control management.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
· Comfortable with both collaborative and independent work.
· Assertive and respectful in technical discussions.
· Experience working with databases such as Microsoft SQL Server.
· Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio.
· Work with open source projects.
· Knowledge of Multiple languages and programming paradigms.
· Experience with Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP) or other message queue technologies.
· Experience integrating hardware and/or working with low level device protocols.
· Bachelor of Science or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.5 years of experience = P2.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Avian Specialist (ID# 46912) Syracuse, NY Category: TECHNICAL NON-ENGINEERING Job Type: Part Time Minimum Experience: 3 Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description Be involved in...
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members...
Full Time Veterinarian (experienced or new grad) for busy and growing practice in Cicero, NY, Total Veterinary Care, 26 daysAre you passionate about your profession? Are you interested in finding a team of professionals that share your drive, compassion, and work ethic when it comes to providing top-quality veterinary...
Duties The housekeeping aides who maintain VA facilities for Veterans and their families are essential to the patient care experience at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). A VA...
Avian Specialist (ID# 46912) Syracuse, NY Category: TECHNICAL NON-ENGINEERING Job Type: Part...
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper...
Full Time Veterinarian (experienced or new grad) for busy and growing practice in Cicero, NY, Total Veterinary Care, 26 daysAre you passionate about your profession? Are you interested in finding a team of professionals...
Duties The housekeeping aides who maintain VA facilities for Veterans and their families are...