Rochester, MINNESOTA | 6 months
This position may have expired!
WORK YEAR: 8 hours per day; Temporary from approximately September 25, 2019 - January 6, 2020
SALARY: Off Schedule
CLASSIFICATION: C-4-2; $23.30 per hour
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or University, in one of the behavioral sciences
- Basic understanding of school district operations and community resources
- Experience working with students and families struggling with chemical addiction
- Strong skills in areas of organization, written and oral communication, collaboration and relationship building
- Experience in grant writing and budgeting
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work collaboratively with Staff, students, parents and community members
- Experience in working with diverse populations
- Responds to events, concerns and crises in the area of drug abuse; provides intervention and support for students with chemical health issues.
- Develop strategies to promote prevention of chemical use of students
- Write grants to create and support current and new programs for students struggling with chemical addiction
- Advocate and assist in outreach and training locally and regionally for students and families struggling with chemical addiction
- Collaborate with District and community partners to develop programs and services to meet the needs of students and families struggling with chemical addiction
- Perform other duties within the level of responsibility of the position as assigned.
- Assists with initiating support groups for parents, students and families through existing resources within the District and community; implements interagency partnerships relative to mental health needs of students.
- Performs an in-service training program for teachers and staff in the area of chemical health; relays current information regarding emerging chemical health and research trends to faculty and staff.
- Works with principals and support staff to evaluate the procedures related to the policies to determine effectiveness; provides consultation to staff regarding professional issues in the area of chemical health.
- Oversees the delivery of service to youth and implementation of programs in secondary buildings; serves as resource to secondary student support service and principals when an issue arises in their building.
- Provides leadership in developing resources for parents; provide information on resources for parents of services outside the district in the area of chemical health; develops participation opportunities for parents, as appropriate.
- Attends meetings in order to connect building leadership with community resources to meet a need that arises.
- Serves as a liaison between schools and such agencies as treatment centers, probation, social services, court services, and MDE.
- Facilitate support groups daily
Common and Shared Accountabilities for All Positions
Employees of the Rochester Public School District #535 are expected to support the goals, model and promote an environment that is respectful for all, and work collaboratively with other staff to focus on the needs of the learner. A quality, customer focus that conveys a welcome attitude, an adaptability to change, and a desire for continuous improvement is also expected of all employees. In addition, staff are to respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the schools, and be dependable and accountable employees.
Rochester Public Schools is one of the three top employers in Rochester, Minnesota with over 3000 employees.
Of those employees, approximately 1,500 are teachers and 700 are paraprofessionals.
Rochester is the seventh largest district in Minnesota with 18,200 students based on enrollment and spans 218 square miles throughout portions of Olmsted and Wabasha Counties.
The student population mirrors the growing diversity of the community with a minority student population of 34.50 percent.
Rochester, Minnesota is a city of 114,000+ and twice voted "The Best Place to Live in America" by Money magazine.
Rochester is home to the world-renowned Mayo Clinic. Our city draws residents and visitors from around the world.
Please visit www.rochesterschools.org to learn more about Rochester Public Schools.
Job Description Kelly Services has an excellent opportunity to put your skills and experience to work with a local healthcare service. Kelly Services is seeking candidates for opportunity working...
7 hours ago | Agribusiness - Input Retail, Cooperative and Related Crop Services - Transportation/Truck Driver, AgCareers.com, 14 daysCHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a Seasonal Truck Driver to deliver products such as grain, feed, seed, fertilizer, petroleum, propane,...
Job Description Kelly Services has an excellent opportunity to put your skills and experience to...
7 hours ago | Agribusiness - Input Retail, Cooperative and Related Crop Services - Transportation/Truck Driver, AgCareers.com, 14 daysCHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a...