OSDH is seeking a full time Clean Indoor Air Coordinator providing support to Center for Chronic Disease, Prevention, & Health Promotion. This is an unclassified position (PIN 34002640) in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package , including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here ].The annual salary for this position is up to $54,000.00 based on education and experience.
Provide statewide consultation on environmental tobacco smoke (ETS) and the negative health/economic consequences associated with exposure to ETS. The Clean Indoor Air Coordinator will provide comprehensive public education, training and technical assistance specifically designed to reduce public exposure to ETS.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Implement policies in accordance with the Smoking in Public Places and Indoor Workplaces Act by providing training, disseminating information and answering questions about the Act, interpreting policy upon request and monitoring noncompliance with the Act.
• Implement the OSDH Smoking Complaint System, responding to complaints and providing reports to facilitate appropriate follow up in accordance with agency policy.
• Monitor developments in current news and in peer reviewed literature on secondhand tobacco smoke (SHS) and its health effects, and on clean indoor air and other tobacco policy topics.
• Monitor legislation and develop policy justification to be utilized by key stakeholders and agency leadership, especially during the legislative session.
• Assist in developing strategies, language and communications for legislation, administrative rules, and other policy matters involving secondhand smoke and other tobacco issues.
• Research and provide appropriate technical information, offer expert advice on specialized topics, share appropriate information with key stakeholders, deliver presentations in understandable, interesting and persuasive manner.
• Provide technical assistance to tobacco control advocates, state officials, and public health partners, including the Oklahoma State Tobacco Coalition, the Advancement of Wellness Advisory Council, and the Oklahoma Health Improvement Plan’s Tobacco Workgroup on secondhand smoke and other tobacco topics, including periodic updates of the State Plan.
• Provide information to the Tobacco Control Manager for inclusion in the CDC Annual Report and re-application.
Education and Experience
Master’s Degree Health Public Health or a closely related field plus five years of experience in administrative law related to public health, coordination of multidisciplinary public health teams related to policy development, or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Strong skills in verbal and written communication, formal and informal training techniques; ability to create positive solutions to complex situations; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public and others.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone. Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
SkyWest is the largest regional airline in the United States and partners with four major airline carriers. More importantly, we’re known for our reliability, service and our professional...
Date Posted: 2019-12-16-08:00 Country: United States of America Location: PW147: Oklahoma Field Location Remote Location, Remote City, OK, 73145 USA Go Beyond. The sky has no limits. Flight is an...
NA The End User/Mobility Transition Lead provides onsite and remote services directly to customers to help them plan, design, implement and migration of the Enterprise Mobility Infrastructure and...
Date Posted: 2019-09-29-07:00 Country: United States of America Location: PW146: Oklahoma City, OK 2701 Liberty Parkway, Midwest City, OK, 73110 USA Do you feel fulfilled when you help others...
We are a busy independent general small animal and equine clinic in suburban Oklahoma looking for confident fun loving associate to work full time or part time in a community practice. Yes, we are...
Req ID: 87928 At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company’s...
SkyWest is the largest regional airline in the United States and partners with four major...
Date Posted: 2019-12-16-08:00 Country: United States of America Location: PW147: Oklahoma Field...
NA The End User/Mobility Transition Lead provides onsite and remote services directly to...
Date Posted: 2019-09-29-07:00 Country: United States of America Location: PW146: Oklahoma City,...
We are a busy independent general small animal and equine clinic in suburban Oklahoma looking...
Req ID: 87928 At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is...