OSDH is seeking a full time Clean Indoor Air Coordinator providing support to Center for Chronic Disease, Prevention, & Health Promotion. This is an unclassified position (PIN 34002640) in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package , including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here] . The annual salary for this position is up to $54,000.00 based on education and experience.
Provide statewide consultation on environmental tobacco smoke (ETS) and the negative health/economic consequences associated with exposure to ETS. The Clean Indoor Air Coordinator will provide comprehensive public education, training and technical assistance specifically designed to reduce public exposure to ETS.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Implement policies in accordance with the Smoking in Public Places and Indoor Workplaces Act by providing training, disseminating information and answering questions about the Act, interpreting policy upon request and monitoring noncompliance with the Act.
• Implement the OSDH Smoking Complaint System, responding to complaints and providing reports to facilitate appropriate follow up in accordance with agency policy.
• Monitor developments in current news and in peer reviewed literature on secondhand tobacco smoke (SHS) and its health effects, and on clean indoor air and other tobacco policy topics.
• Monitor legislation and develop policy justification to be utilized by key stakeholders and agency leadership, especially during the legislative session.
• Assist in developing strategies, language and communications for legislation, administrative rules, and other policy matters involving secondhand smoke and other tobacco issues.
• Research and provide appropriate technical information, offer expert advice on specialized topics, share appropriate information with key stakeholders, deliver presentations in understandable, interesting and persuasive manner.
• Provide technical assistance to tobacco control advocates, state officials, and public health partners, including the Oklahoma State Tobacco Coalition, the Advancement of Wellness Advisory Council, and the Oklahoma Health Improvement Plan’s Tobacco Workgroup on secondhand smoke and other tobacco topics, including periodic updates of the State Plan.
• Provide information to the Tobacco Control Manager for inclusion in the CDC Annual Report and re-application.
Education and Experience
Master’s Degree Health Public Health or a closely related field plus five years of experience in administrative law related to public health, coordination of multidisciplinary public health teams related to policy development, or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Strong skills in verbal and written communication, formal and informal training techniques; ability to create positive solutions to complex situations; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public and others.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone. Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
SCI is certified as a Great Place to Work® by the Great Place to Work Institute. In a recent survey, our employees said that their work has special meaning and is not “just a job”. We currently...
Date Posted: 2019-07-24-07:00 Country: United States of America Location: PW215: Tinker Air Force Base OC-ALC 3001 Staff Dr, Tinker AFB, OK, 73145 USA The sky has no limits. Flight is an...
Date Posted: 2019-11-05-08:00 Country: United States of America Location: PW146: Oklahoma City, OK 2701 Liberty Parkway, Midwest City, OK, 73110 USA The sky has no limits. Flight is an instrument...
Date Posted: 2019-09-23-07:00 Country: United States of America Location: PW146: Oklahoma City, OK 2701 Liberty Parkway, Midwest City, OK, 73110 USA Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer...
Position Description A Marketing Sales Representative is the retailer and consumer level spokesperson representing the Lottery and Scientific Games. MSR’s are responsible for managing retail...
ORGANIZATION SUMMARY Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company...
SCI is certified as a Great Place to Work® by the Great Place to Work Institute. In a recent...
Date Posted: 2019-07-24-07:00 Country: United States of America Location: PW215: Tinker Air...
Date Posted: 2019-11-05-08:00 Country: United States of America Location: PW146: Oklahoma City,...
Date Posted: 2019-09-23-07:00 Country: United States of America Location: PW146: Oklahoma City,...
Position Description A Marketing Sales Representative is the retailer and consumer level...
ORGANIZATION SUMMARY Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies...