1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com .
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Smith-Blair, a Xylem Brand, seeks to hire a Cleaning Tank Operator/Tester to operate mild and stainless steel cleaning tank processes, blast machine, vibratory deburr machine and test tapping sleeves as required.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Must be able to interpret instructions from route sheets and verbal communications, operates both mild and stainless steel cleaning tank processes (sometimes simultaneously), operates the stainless steel blast machine, operates the vibratory deburr machine and pressure test tapping sleeves as required.
- Must be a team player that exhibits excellent communication/interpersonal skills; motivated to work in a highly participative environment and understand and believe in the Lean Manufacturing Principles (5’s, single piece flow, KanBan, etc.).
- Mixes and maintains cleaning tank solutions to proper strength.
- Cleans tanks and recharge as necessary.
- Run titration tests as needed to maintain chemical strength and log information in to titration notebook.
- Loads and unloads baskets of parts prior to and after cleaning in solutions.
- Operates air hoist to move part baskets to required tanks.
- Load, unload and operate stainless steel blast machine.
- Operate electric pallet jack to move material within the cleaning tank and testing area.
- Load, unload and operate vibratory deburr machine.
- Pressure test Tapping Sleeve products.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED required.
- Manufacturing/production experience desired but not required.
- Forklift operation experience desired but not required.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Moderate lifting (11-50 lbs.), moderate lifting/pushing (11-50 lbs.)
- Regularly required to stand, reach, bend and move/walk throughout the facility
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see co-workers and managers on a daily basis
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Large industrial facility
- Manufacturing/production work areas and equipment related to: product assembly and assembly lines, metal forming and metal fabrication, welding/grinding, product finishing/painting, product transport/material handling, etc.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Overtime is not standard but can be frequent based on seasonal workload
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.