Clinical Sales Specialist - (18008546)
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Medical-Surgical provides medical-surgical supplies and equipment to physicians' offices, home care agencies, long-term care facilities and surgery centers. Our catalog includes more than 150,000 national brand products from bandages to exam tables, plus McKesson's own line of high-quality medical-surgical products. We're proud to be the only national distributor serving the entire continuum of healthcare.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Medical-Surgical you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
If driving value for clinician customers while impacting sales efforts excites you then this role is for you. McKesson Medical Surgical is seeking a Clinical Sales Specialist to join the Ambulatory Surgery Center to support the sales efforts for our regional sales team. For select product categories you will be the critical link between our sales team, strategic manufacturers and ultimately our customers. You will be responsible for identifying growth opportunities in specific territories, collaborating with local sales teams to build strategies around those opportunities and then leading clinical discussions with end users around those opportunities. The ideal candidate will have a true passion for being an integral part of the sales process, collaborating with sales teams and providing clinical expertise to our customers.
The clinical sales specialist is a remote work at home opportunity with approximately 50% travel within the region.
The Clinical Sales Specialist performs supportive selling activities and leads clinical conversations for designated Surgery Center accounts within their designated territory. The Clinical Sales Specialist will report to our Clinical Sales Director for Ambulatory Surgery Centers and will work closely with Account Managers, Area Sales Managers, and Area Directors, as well as directly with customers to perform the duties outlined below. After training, the Clinical Sales Specialist will serve as the subject matter expert for designated preferred supplier product lines and clinical topics.
Collaborating and working closely with the Account Managers and Customers to identify and assist in closing new business that requires a more clinical perspective.
- Developing “subject matter expert” knowledge on a select number of branded supplier product lines to provide representation for such product lines.
- Providing clinical education about our expanding OR portfolio to existing and new target customers within the non-acute market.
- Provide clinical and product expertise to surgical staff including surgeons.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Account Managers, manufacturers, clinical staff and surgeons by providing high level of customer service and responsiveness.
- Dedicate time to learn current products/services and new additions to portfolio as they occur.
- Crafting strategic product recommendations for customers that will result in decreased costs and/or improved clinical efficacy and outcomes.
- Leading joint targeting discussions between McKesson sales teams and corresponding supplier sales teams to identify new customer opportunities and growth opportunities within existing customers.
- Participate in team calls and meetings to provide updates on clinical product priorities and areas of focus.
- Train Account Managers and other sales leads on how to identify clinical opportunities within existing accounts.
- Represent McKesson with an elevated level of professionalism through ethical decisions, sound judgment, appearance and clinical expertise.
• 2+ years new account sales experience
• 1 year clinical operating room experience (i.e. scrub tech, OR nurse, implant/clinical sales)
Additional Knowledge and Skills:
• Ability to strategically build relationships with sales leaders and customers
• Experience selling Custom Procedural Trays, OR related Pharmaceuticals, Ortho Disposables, Implants, Capital Equipment, Sutures, Surgical Sealants, and/or Anesthesia Circuits
• Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Comfortable selling in a complex hybrid environment
• Results driven and high positive energy
• Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to train and educate
• 4 year college degree
• Experience as a RN a plus
Must possess valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
No Agencies Please.
: United States-California-San Francisco
: United States-Idaho-Meridian, United States-Washington-Everett, United States-Washington-Puyallup, United States-California-West Sacramento, United States-Washington-Auburn, United States-Washington-Lynnwood, United States-Oregon-Portland
: Sales/Client Management
: McKesson Medical Surgical
: Nov 6, 2018
CDL Delivery Driver - Fife, WA - 190000DW Description About Baxter Every day, millions of patients and caregivers rely on Baxter’s leading portfolio of critical care, nutrition, renal, hospital...
Come grow with us – practice OB/GYN with PinnacleHealth in South-Central Pennsylvania. We have an excellent opportunity to join an established OB/Gyn practice in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. Practice...
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the...
TRANE - HVAC/Controls Technician - Wilkes-Barre, PA - (1811887) Description At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating...
Underwriting Technician - Aging Services-UND0002WZ Description Job Summary Under general supervision is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of new and renewal insurance...
Business Travel Sales Manager Primary Location : United States-Washington-The Fairmont Washington, D.C. Employee Status : Regular Business Travel Sales Manager Selling a memorable experience in an...
CDL Delivery Driver - Fife, WA - 190000DW Description About Baxter Every day, millions of...
Come grow with us – practice OB/GYN with PinnacleHealth in South-Central Pennsylvania. We have...
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations,...
TRANE - HVAC/Controls Technician - Wilkes-Barre, PA - (1811887) Description At Ingersoll Rand...
Underwriting Technician - Aging Services-UND0002WZ Description Job Summary Under general...
Business Travel Sales Manager Primary Location : United States-Washington-The Fairmont...