Commercialization Officer, Diagnostics
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
***This position is currently funded through January 2021.***
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
One of PATH’s primary activities is the development and commercialization of health and medical products for developing country use. The Diagnostics (Dx) Program at PATH develops diagnostic tests for the purposes of enhancing health care and diagnostic capabilities in low and middle income countries. Additionally, PATH’s product teams conduct collaborative research and development with universities, manufacturers, and other institutions to develop products that are appropriate and affordable for developing country use. PATH's goal in these collaborations is to achieve maximum sustainable public health benefit by facilitating global technology access.
PATH is seeking a Commercialization Officer to support the Dx Program. The Dx Program focuses on development of affordable, portable, easy-to-use diagnostics with a user-oriented perspective that addresses the needs of the people. Taking the three key phases of PATH’s product introduction framework—to innovate, develop, introduce, and integrate—the Dx Program is able to advance a concept of health care to actual product implementation and use. The Commercialization Officer will work on a portfolio of projects focusing on the development, commercialization, and implementation of the most promising, cost-effective, and impactful diagnostic technologies for conditions that impact the health and well being of low and middle income countries.
The Commercialization Officer will work alongside a multidisciplinary team of technical, scientific, and public health experts to develop and bring to market innovative diagnostic technologies that improve health outcomes in underserved populations. The Commercialization Officer will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop value proposition, business case, and commercialization strategies for high impact diagnostic technologies.
- Execute commercial strategy, including licensing and management of intellectual property, ensuring global access for underserved populations, ensuring product meets the health need of end users, and ensuring commercial sustainability for manufacturing partners.
- Identify, build, and sustain strategic partnerships to support product adoption and access in low and middle income countries.
- Manage and execute partner due diligence to ensure alignment with project and program goals
- Lead agreements process to formalize partnerships, including negotiations of key terms including global access, drafting term sheets, and collaborating with PATH legal to draft, iterate and execute final agreement.
- Contribute to team’s fundraising efforts through identification of funding opportunities and proposal development.
- Represent PATH and its product development partnerships at key conferences and global events.
- Required Experience
- An MBA and a bachelor’s degree in a technical field plus a minimum of 3 years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical or scientific background in the diagnostic, medical device or pharmaceutical / biotechnology industry is preferred.
- Experience in bringing to market and facilitating adoption of global health, global pharmaceutical or public health products designed for low resource or economically constrained regions is desirable.
- Proven effectiveness in working with high-level leaders in industry, international organizations, government organizations, and academia.
- Demonstrated ability and versatility to work independently and as part of a diverse, often remote team.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple diverse tasks by setting priorities and scheduling resources within the team.
- Domestic and international travel required, up to 25% annually.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Job Location
- San Francisco, CA or Seattle, WA, Or Washington DC, United States
- Company Location
- United States, San Francisco or Seattle or Washington, DC
- Position Type
Who do you know at
LinkedIn Facebook Twitter Email AddThis
Return To Job Listings
Req ID: 97467 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking...
EXPERIENCE IN ADDICTION MEDICINE/CHEMICAL DEPENDENCY PREFERRED. Provide urgent and routine alcohol and substance abuse diagnostic, clinical, educational and consultation services to Kaiser...
EXPERIENCE IN ADDICTION MEDICINE/CHEMICAL DEPENDENCY PREFERRED Provide urgent and routine alcohol and substance abuse diagnostic, clinical, educational and consultation services to Kaiser...
Important Update: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Kaiser Permanente is moving to a virtual recruitment process including telephone and video interviews to help ensure the health and safety...
About Support Products Success is about delivering great customer service for our users - both self help and human support - throughout their Airbnb journey. We believe that service will be a...
Product Manager, Mobile App Shopping Experience As a Product Manager for the Best Buy Mobile App, you will own the roadmap for a large, high-visibility, product area and will define new and...
Req ID: 97467 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
EXPERIENCE IN ADDICTION MEDICINE/CHEMICAL DEPENDENCY PREFERRED. Provide urgent and routine...
EXPERIENCE IN ADDICTION MEDICINE/CHEMICAL DEPENDENCY PREFERRED Provide urgent and routine...
Important Update: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Kaiser Permanente is moving to a virtual...
About Support Products Success is about delivering great customer service for our users - both...
Product Manager, Mobile App Shopping Experience As a Product Manager for the Best Buy Mobile...