Jacksonville North Pulaski School District
Position Title: Commissioned School Security Officer (CSSO)
Reports To: Security Director
Contract: 2020-2021 School Year (185 days)
Closing: Until Filled
SUMMARY: The Commissioned School Security Officer is responsible for the safety and security of the facilities they protect. The officer will act as a visible deterrent to crime and student rule infractions; they detect and report suspicious, unsafe or criminal acts at or near their assigned posts which may be a threat to the property, students, guests or employees at the site. The officer will use their training, knowledge, and experience to help the school administrators in handling situations involving possible weapons or in the identification of controlled dangerous substances; work to educate students in drug and crime prevention and personal safety and assist in crisis planning and training to the faculty and staff. This position requires the officer to carry a firearm and be proficient in the safe handling of a firearm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Watch for irregularities, such as security breaches, facility, and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contacts emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel as required
- Report safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing
Remain alert for the presence of unauthorized persons and/or security code violators; approaches suspicious person and/or notifies police as appropriate; may confront and detain violators, as required, until police arrive
Maintain a physical security presence on site while interacting with customers (if needed) to ensure a safe and pleasant experience
Utilize a keen sense of urgency to respond to all emergency situations
- Monitor daily activity on site to ensure policies and procedures are maintained
May provide specialized security in complex operational areas, requiring specific knowledge of the operating environment
- Attend before and after school activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
Physical and Mental Functions:
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Run as needed
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, computer, notepad, writing reports, and other tasks
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
EDUCATION/LICENSURE/EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma, GED or equivalent; at least 21 years of age; active CSSO License. Previous experience in security required; law enforcement experience preferred. State Police CSSO training will be provided. As a condition of continued employment, officer must maintain current active status of all required licenses at all times and must carry their license at all times while on duty.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Successful completion of pre-employment background checks. Appropriate personal and professional conduct at all times around students, other staff members and the general public. Candidate must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment). Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard. Candidate will be responsible for purchasing and maintaining equipment(Firearm), must be willing to submit to an initial and random drug screening, must pass a psychologial evaluation, must meet state required firearm training, must pass the 60 hours state certification course for CSSO. A semester stipend will be provided.
The Jacksonville North Pulaski School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the policy of the Jacksonville North Pulaski School District not to discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin or disability in its educational programs, activities or employment practices.
Req ID: 113295 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and...
Req ID: 113285 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and...
Req ID: 113295 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
Req ID: 113285 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...