Communications Internship, HIV/TB
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Title: Communications Internship, HIV/Tuberculosis
Location: Washington DC, US
Program: Global Health Programs
Start Date: January, 2020
End Date: May, 2020 *start and end dates can be flexible
Estimated number of hours per week: 20, flexible
Will the intern be receiving a stipend?: No
Will the intern travel? (local or international): No
*Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest and how you meet the qualifications.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The HIV/ TB team is looking to bring on an intern for winter and spring quarter to support communication projects.
Description of the project the Intern will complete:
The intern will contribute to key communications activities to support the advancement of the following priority areas for the HIV/TB Global Program:
- Write project success stories, briefs, web articles, and other communications products for internal and external audiences
- Support strategic communications planning for international health days (e.g., World TB Day), local events, key global conferences (International AIDS Conference), and global projects
- Enhance external promotion of PATH’s programming in HIV, TB, and gender by highlighting programmatic successes on PATH online outlets (website, LinkedIn, Twitter channel).
Description of the overall learning objectives for the internship:
- Learn about current and future priorities in global health programming.
- Develop fluency in communications planning, approaches, and best practices for communications in international organization settings.
- Understand how to most effectively engage with different management and working/collaboration styles through engagement with project, country, and shared services teams.
- Gain practical experience in implementing communications strategies.
- Write about programs and projects for a range of audiences.
Brief description of required skills/experience the intern should possess:
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program. Preferred areas of study include: communications, marketing, PR, global health, public policy or administration.
- Strong interest in and/or experience with communications and health
- Strong writer with a proven ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources and translate into concise and compelling written products
- Professional experience with or has taken academic coursework on global development, health, and/or writing.
- Interested candidates should have an interest in HIV, TB, and/or gender programming.
Skills to be developed and/or expanded during internship:
Depending on the projects/activities that the intern chooses to focus on during their internship period, skills that the intern would be able to hone during their internship period include:
- Technical writing skills
- Communicating technical programming to general audiences
- Current priorities and key strategies in HIV, TB, and gender programming
- Communications Plan for Gender Community of Practice: With guidance from the Gender and Gender-Based Violence Researcher and HIV/TB Program Officers, support the development of a communications plan to promote the Gender CoP activities and strategic initiatives.
- Documentation of project successes or innovations: Using information and materials gathered from project reporting and other written products, developing communication products (web articles for PATH website or technical brief etc.) to highlight best practices, successes, and/or innovations in HIV, TB, or gender programming, such as use of digital tools to support HIV service delivery.
- Refresh HIV and TB pages on PATH website: Reviewing and refreshing content for the HIV and TB landing pages on PATH website, based organizational priorities outlined in the refreshed HIV strategy and TB strategy framework.
*PATH does not provide a stipend to interns who are California residents. PATH does not provide relocation assistance for internships.
*All PATH internshis are eligible for school credit. Please refer to your university's process for credit eligibility.
Must have legal authorization to work in the United States. PATH does not provide relocation assistance for internships.
Must be enrolled in an academic program for the duration of the internship.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Job Location
- Washington, District of Columbia, United States
- Company Location
- United States, Washington, D.C.
- Position Type
Who do you know at
LinkedIn Facebook Twitter Email AddThis
Return To Job Listings
Civil Engineer- New Grad 2020 (ID# 43960) Herndon, VA Category: ENGINEER Job Type: New Graduate Minimum Experience: 0-1 Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description Be involved in...
Req ID: 84163 At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company’s...
Associate Consultant Intern (ID# 44086) Washington, DC Category: CONSULTING Job Type: Intern Minimum Experience: 0-1 Required Education: Bachelor's Degree In Progress Job Description Be involved...
Associate Consultant Intern (ID# 44087) Washington, DC Category: CONSULTING Job Type: Intern Minimum Experience: 0-1 Required Education: Master's Degree - In Progress Job Description Be involved...
Ref#: 36031 CBS Business Unit: CBS News Job Type: Paid Intern Job Schedule: Part-Time Job Location: Washington, DC, US About Us: CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased...
Skip to Main Content Search Menu Who We Are The KP Difference Our Locations Mission & History Innovation Life & Culture Working Here Diversity & Inclusion Disability Military In Our...
Civil Engineer- New Grad 2020 (ID# 43960) Herndon, VA Category: ENGINEER Job Type: New...
Req ID: 84163 At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is...
Associate Consultant Intern (ID# 44086) Washington, DC Category: CONSULTING Job...
Associate Consultant Intern (ID# 44087) Washington, DC Category: CONSULTING Job...
Ref#: 36031 CBS Business Unit: CBS News Job Type: Paid Intern Job Schedule: Part-Time Job...
Skip to Main Content Search Menu Who We Are The KP Difference Our Locations Mission &...