- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Global Program: Technology, Analytics and Market Innovation (TAMI)
Project Name: Medical Devices and Health Technologies (MDHT) Core & Communications
Start Date: Open
End Date: Open
Estimated number of hours per week: 12-24
Location(s) of internship: Seattle
Will the intern be receiving a stipend?*: No
Will the intern travel? (local or international): No
Description of internship project:
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
We are currently seeking a communications intern who will work with the senior communications officer, program leaders, and product development teams to produce web content, documents, presentations, and materials for external global audiences. Topics range from medical devices to improve maternal health to innovative immunization technologies to help protect children. Activities could include drafting press releases, producing content for social media, developing short articles for the web, and transforming technical documents into concise, compelling content.
Internship goals and learning objectives/benefit to the intern:
The intern will :
- Develop communication, project planning, and administrative skills
- Deepen their knowledge and understanding of the product development process for health technologies
- Gain experience in strategic content creation
- Gain real-world experience working within a large, matrix international NGO
Skills to be developed and/or expanded during internship:
- Expanded skills in writing for a variety of global audiences
- Skills in cross-team, cross-discipline communication and collaboration
- Deeper skills in web content production and use of visual images
- Skills moving content through review cycles and incorporating feedback
- Write short articles or web content based on existing data and information.
- Assist in producing reports and PPT presentations based on research or project team needs.
- Perform communications and marketing research/Landscape online and published global health communications and information.
- Organize and curate communication assets, such as graphics, photos, or presentations.
- Edit documents and presentations.
- Develop project timelines and manage project deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned.
Learning outcomes (how the Intern’s performance will be evaluated):
Intern will receive feedback using the COIN Conversation model (Connection, Observation, Impact, and Next steps) and milestones such as completed projects will be used to determine progress toward learning objectives.
Required skills and experience:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English
- Skilled at producing content independently and rapidly
- Experience editing and/or writing reports and presentations for external audiences
- Ability to conduct interviews with staff or stakeholders to inform content
- Excellent time management skills with the proven ability to meet deadlines
- High-level ability to use MS Office Suite, especially Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience or interest in working in the area of global health or nonprofit organizations
- Preferred areas of study include : Communications, Information school, Journalism, English, International studies, Advocacy, Public health, Study abroad, and/or Global health
*PATH does not provide a stipend to interns who are California residents.
*All PATH internships are eligible for school credit. Please refer to your university's process for credit eligibility.
Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Job Location
- Seattle, Washington, United States
- Company Location
- United States, Seattle
- Position Type
Who do you know at
LinkedIn Facebook Twitter Email AddThis
Return To Job Listings
Senior Project Manager (ID# 46835) Federal Way, WA Category: Project Management Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 12+ Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description Be involved in...
Highspot helps sales teams improve customer conversations and achieve their revenue goals. From content optimization and performance analytics to in-context training, guided selling, and more, the...
Company Description: Hi there – we’re Filter. We’re the in-house powerhouse for global enterprise companies and aspiring brands alike. To each we bring veteran expertise, executional horsepower...
Project Director - Sustainability, Energy and Climate (ID# 46848) Seattle, WA Category: Environmental Science Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 12+ Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job...
Assistant Traffic Engineer - New Grad 2021 (ID# 46901) Seattle, WA Category: Traffic Engineering Job Type: New Graduate Minimum Experience: 0-1 Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job...
Who are we? Well, from a technical point of view, we leverage the power of a global crowd to provide some of the world’s biggest companies with the high-quality data they need to power their...
Senior Project Manager (ID# 46835) Federal Way, WA Category: Project Management Job Type: Full...
Highspot helps sales teams improve customer conversations and achieve their revenue goals. From...
Company Description: Hi there – we’re Filter. We’re the in-house powerhouse for global...
Project Director - Sustainability, Energy and Climate (ID# 46848) Seattle,...
Assistant Traffic Engineer - New Grad 2021 (ID# 46901) Seattle, WA Category: Traffic...
Who are we? Well, from a technical point of view, we leverage the power of a global crowd to...