Job Title: Community Field Coordinator (CFC)
Diploma Plus is an alternative program within Charlestown High School that serves students who have not met academic success in their previous schooling. Inits eleventh year, DP will serve approximately 75 students, recruited from Charlestown HS and other BPS schools. DP is a competency- based program that engages students to be leaders and prepare themselves for future success.
Our program is grounded in three core values: self-reflection, ubuntu, and critical consciousness. These program values guide the work and development of our program, and by extension the academic experiences of our students. We actualize our values through commitments to Restorative Justice practices, examination of systems and structures of oppression, community building, interdisciplinary learning, and authentic curriculum that bridges school and community.
General Role Description
The Post-Secondary Coach will work closely with students, families, Diploma Plus staff, and community partners to support students in their personal and academic development. The Post-Secondary Coach will assist students to recognize their aptitudes, needs, interests, and capabilities when making personal life decisions, career, and educational or post-high school plans.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Build and sustain a program-wide culture of intentional post-secondary planning and support
- Recognize, appreciate, and serve cultural differences and the special needs of all students and their families
- Demonstrate advocacy and leadership in advancing the concerns of all students
- Develop, collect, analyze and interpret data
- Organize and integrate academic, career and pre-college guidance and counseling into DP programming
- Assist students with research and selection of educational or career planning initiatives
- Network and communicate with colleges and organizations to aid students in their post-secondary plans. This will include developing pathway relationships with these organizations and communicating our program design and structure
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with post-secondary organizations
- Maintain other external relationships to bring services or opportunities to the school (e.g. internships, guest speakers, test prep support)
- Work collaboratively with post-secondary building based community partners to bring information and services to students
- Support students' and parent/caregivers' access to the resources necessary to successfully complete the FAFSA
- Maintain and provide scholarship lists and assist students to apply for scholarships.
- Communicate with college admission representatives and representatives of alternative program options and help coordinate at least 5 visits and information sessions
- Develop Alumni Outreach initiative
- Collaborate with DP teachers to bring post-secondary workshops into the classroom setting
- Collaborate with DP teachers to co-plan lessons that support building students’ skills around college/career awareness
- Attend relevant team meetings
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to facilitate transitions and counsel all students toward the realization of their full educational potential
- Education: graduation from an accredited college or university or commensurate experience
- Successful work experience with youth
- Experience working with diverse communities
- Experience working in a collaborative, team-oriented atmosphere
- Interest in working with an innovative team
- Experience in an urban school setting
- Experience with college or career advising
- Familiarity with Google Documents
- Familiarity with Accuplacer
- Familiarity with Naviance
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Bilingual capacity
Terms: Community Field Coordinator
Current authorization to work in the United States - Candidates must have such authorization by their first day of employment
Please refer to www.bostonpublicschools.org/ohc (under "Employee Benefits and Policies") for more information on salary and compensation. Salaries are listed by Unions and Grade/Step.
The Boston Public Schools, in accordance with its nondiscrimination policies, does not discriminate in its programs, facilities, or employment or educational opportunities on the basis of race, color, age, criminal record (inquiries only), disability, homelessness, sex/gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics or military status, and does not tolerate any form of retaliation, or bias-based intimidation, threat or harassment that demeans individuals’ dignity or interferes with their ability to learn or work.
METCO Advisor - BHS JOB DESCRIPTION Brookline High School (BHS) METCO Advisor serving students in grades 9-12 providing supplemental support to METCO High School Coordinator. Serves as...
ARLINGTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS METCO Academic Instructional Support Specialist Job Description 11/18/2019 The METCO Academic Support Specialist provides academic services are available to students in...
Long Term Substitute: Language Program Assistant Teacher (Portuguese), Framingham Public Schools, 6 daysFRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS POTTER ROAD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TITLE: Long Term Substitute: Language Program Assistant Teacher (Portuguese) Starting Date: immediately POSITION SUMMARY: To assist...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS DEPARTMENT OF FOOD SERVICES TITLE: Student Intern (1) Vacancy POSITION SUMMARY: The Food Services Department is looking for a student intern to join our team. Our staff...
Position: Classroom Teacher Under the general supervision of the School Principal, facilitates student success and growth in academic and interpersonal skills through implementing district...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS PARENT INFORMATION CENTER TITLE: Assistant Office Manager POSITION SUMMARY: To assist in day-to-day operations, planning and organization of The Parent Information...
METCO Advisor - BHS JOB DESCRIPTION Brookline High School (BHS) METCO Advisor serving students...
ARLINGTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS METCO Academic Instructional Support Specialist Job...
Long Term Substitute: Language Program Assistant Teacher (Portuguese), Framingham Public Schools, 6 daysFRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS POTTER ROAD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TITLE: Long Term Substitute: Language...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS DEPARTMENT OF FOOD SERVICES TITLE: Student Intern (1) Vacancy POSITION...
Position: Classroom Teacher Under the general supervision of the School Principal, facilitates...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS PARENT INFORMATION CENTER TITLE: Assistant Office Manager POSITION...