- Master’s Degree in International Development, Political Science, Social Sciences, or related area, required. Equivalent relevant experience combined with a bachelor’s degree may also be considered.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional working experience in relevant fields related to international development (required);
- A minimum of 2 years working in the gender equality and/or governance and peacebuilding area of work (required);
- A minimum of 2 years working in knowledge management within an international organization (required);
- Proven experience organizing and managing events and workshops (desirable);
- Knowledge of the UN system (desirable);
- Proven ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, and to deliver in a timely manner within cost and quality standards;
- Proficiency and proven experience in the use of Microsoft Office suite (e.g. Word, Excel, Power Point) is required. Proven experience in the development infographics, online surveys, presentations, organization of webinars would be an asset;
- Proven work experience and knowledge of Yammer or other relevant social media-based platforms/tools is required. Proven experience in managing Microsoft SharePoint web-based platforms is an asset;
- Country Office experience with international organizations or with UNDP (desirable).
- Proficiency in written and spoken English required. Proficiency in other official UN languages is an asset.
The Individual Contractor is required to have the aforementioned professional and technical qualifications. Only the applicants who hold these qualifications will be shortlisted and contacted.
The application package containing the following (to be uploaded as one file):
- Online application with brief description of why the Offer considers her/himself the most suitable for the assignment; and
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past experiences from similar projects and specifying the relevant assignment period (from/to), as well as the email and telephone contacts of at least three (3) professional references.
Note: The above documents need to be scanned into one file and uploaded to the online application as one document.
Shortlisted candidates (ONLY) will be requested to submit a Financial Proposal.
- The financial proposal should specify an all-inclusive daily fee (based on a 7 hour working day - lunch time is not included - and estimated 188 days).
- The financial proposal must be all-inclusive and take into account various expenses that will be incurred during the contract, including: the daily professional fee; cost of travel from the home base to the duty station and vice versa, where required; living allowances at the duty station; communications, utilities and consumables; life, health and any other insurance; risks and inconveniences related to work under hardship and hazardous conditions (e.g., personal security needs, etc.), when applicable; and any other relevant expenses related to the performance of services under the contract.
- The General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Individual Contractors is attached in Annex 3.
The Financial Proposal is to be emailed as per the instruction in the separate email that will be sent to shortlisted candidates.
Applicants are reviewed based on Required Skills and Experience stated above and based on the technical evaluation criteria outlined below. Applicants will be evaluated based on cumulative scoring. When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract will be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
- Being responsive/compliant/acceptable; and
- Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation where technical criteria weigh 70% and Financial criteria/ Proposal weighs 30%.
Technical evaluation - Total 70% (70 points):
The technical evaluation will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Number of years professional working experience in relevant fields related to international development – Weight: 15%; Maximum Points: 15;
- Number of years working in the gender equality and/or governance and peacebuilding area of work – Weight: 20%; Maximum Points: 20;
- Number of years working in knowledge management – Weight: 15%; Maximum Points: 15;
- Proven work experience and knowledge of corporate social media-based platforms/tools, and experience in managing web-based platforms – Weight: 10%; Maximum Points: 10;
- Experience organizing and managing events and workshops – Weight: 10%; Maximum Points: 10;
Candidates obtaining a minimum of 70% (49 points) of the maximum obtainable points for the technical criteria (70 points) shall be considered for the financial evaluation.
Financial evaluation - Total 30% (30 points)
The following formula will be used to evaluate financial proposal:
p = y (µ/z), where
- p = points for the financial proposal being evaluated
- y = maximum number of points for the financial proposal
- µ = price of the lowest priced proposal
- z = price of the proposal being evaluated
Candidate obtaining the highest combined scores in the combined score of Technical and Financial evaluation will be considered technically qualified and will be offered to enter into a contract with UNDP.
- Payment to the Individual Contractor will be made based on the actual number of days worked, deliverables accepted and upon certification of satisfactory completion by the manager;
- The workweek will be based on 35 hours, i.e. on a 7-hour working day, with core hours being between 9h00 and 18h00 daily.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS_ INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT (IC)
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Field Service Engineer II-SEL001714 About Us Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are...
Product Marketing Coordinator Job Number: 19002092 Summary of Role : GlobalFoundries is looking for a Product Marketing Coordinator with a passion for using, evangelizing and shaping great B2B...
Senior Claim Counsel - Management Liability-CLA00026A Description Job Summary This is a Senior Claim Counsel position in the Management Liability, Financial Institutions & Technology Claim Group. ...
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply...
Job Description - VP (Client Management, Influencer Marketing) (190516) Job Description VP (Client Management, Influencer Marketing) - (190516) Organization : United Entertainment Group Holdings,...
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46...
Field Service Engineer II-SEL001714 About Us Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow...
Product Marketing Coordinator Job Number: 19002092 Summary of Role : GlobalFoundries is looking...
Senior Claim Counsel - Management Liability-CLA00026A Description Job Summary This is a Senior...
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise...
Job Description - VP (Client Management, Influencer Marketing) (190516) Job Description VP...
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use...