Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Position Summary: The Cook is responsible for cooking and preparing food according to recipes and production guidelines while adhering to food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures. The Cook should safely handle knives and equipment such as grills, fryers, ovens, broilers, etc. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Cooks and prepare a variety of food according to production guidelines and standardized recipes
- Sets up workstation with all needed ingredients and equipment
- Prepares ingredients by measuring, weighing, mixing, chopping, trimming, and peeling food items
- Safely utilizes a variety of utensils including knives
- Operates equipment such as ovens, stoves, slicers, mixers, etc.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, steams, and uses a variety of cooking methods on meat, vegetables, and other foods
- Arranges, garnishes, and portions food according to established guidelines
- Properly stores food by adhering to food safety policies and procedures
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils
- Maintains excellent customer service and positive attitude towards guest, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
- Adheres to Aramark safety policies and procedures including proper food safety and sanitation
- Ensures security of company assets
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Experience as a cook or in a related role required
- Proven knowledge of the basic principles of food preparation, various cooking methods, and food safety regulations such as proper food handling, sanitation, and storage
- Must be able to obtain food safety certification
- Demonstrates basic math and counting skills
- Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of up to 25 lbs.
- Works as a team player and stepping up to help other stations as necessary
- Cleanliness is a MUST
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Job Description Put your attention to detail to work in this great Direct Hire Quality Assurance Technician opening in Central-Eastern North Dakota! The main duties of this role will be to...
19 hours ago | Agribusiness - Chemical, Pesticide and Fertilizer - Operations, AgCareers.com, 27 daysDo you have at least 5 years' of people management experience? Do you know how bulk fertilizer, chemical, and seed are stored, transported, handled, and applied? Do you have a track record in...
Are you looking for an opportunity to work in your community that allows you to build relationships and make a difference? Our Dickson Hollow community is seeking a Cook to join their team! If you...
Do you have a solid understanding of the Agricultural industry and how it functions? Do you have at least five years' experience in distribution with a demonstrated track record in management? Do...
Enerpac Tool Group is a premier industrial tools and services company serving a broad and diverse set of customers in more than 25 countries. The Company’s businesses are global leaders in high...
Date Posted: 2019-10-28-07:00 Country: United States of America Location: HWI31: US183-New Berlin, WI 5349 S Emmer Dr , New Berlin, WI, 53151 USA At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to...
Job Description Put your attention to detail to work in this great Direct Hire Quality Assurance...
19 hours ago | Agribusiness - Chemical, Pesticide and Fertilizer - Operations, AgCareers.com, 27 daysDo you have at least 5 years' of people management experience? Do you know how bulk fertilizer,...
Are you looking for an opportunity to work in your community that allows you to build...
Do you have a solid understanding of the Agricultural industry and how it functions? Do you have...
Enerpac Tool Group is a premier industrial tools and services company serving a broad and...
Date Posted: 2019-10-28-07:00 Country: United States of America Location: HWI31: US183-New...