This position reports to the Bank Reconciliation Supervisor and assumes a variety of responsibilities within the Bank Reconciliation Team. This team performs a variety of routine technical and transactional accounting work using the application of accounting theory and practices. Key responsibilities are building strong working relationships, communicating effectively (verbal and written), analyzing data and drawing conclusions, maintaining quality assurance, and impeccable time management skills.
Technical and Compliance
• Review monthly account reconciliations
• Prepare and review end of month journal entries
• Research reconciliation issues and identify resolutions
• Provide guidance to offshore team and field locations
• Examines a variety of accounting documents for accuracy and completeness
• Ensures transactions and process are handled in accordance with applicable SOX controls, accounting standards and policies
• Demonstrates a high level of understanding of accounting practices and procedures
• Prepare analytic reports and schedules
• Collect and organize support documentation for external and internal audit requests as needed
• Maintain and build solid relationships with other corporate teams, field locations and management
• Participate in special projects including developing project plans, testing, training and deployment
• Achieve quality, accuracy and timely delivery of assigned tasks
• Maintain process workflows and ensure documentation is current
• Operate in accordance with internal and external regulations and procedures
• Identify and communicate process improvement opportunities
• Provide status updates regularly
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to multi-task
• Ability to work independently, prioritizing and meeting multiple deadlines
• Ability to prepare and present reports and supporting documentation
• Ability to express ideas clearly and effectively in both written and oral communications
• Strong internal and external customer focus
CORE / CRITICAL COMPETENCIES
Demonstrates a Commitment to Services Excellence, Trustworthiness and Integrity
• Shows consistency among principles, values, ethical standards and personal behavior
• Trusted by subordinates and peers to keep one’s word and follow through on commitments
• Encourages and generates new ways to look at processes and problems
• Identifies cost savings and revenue opportunities
• Generates and champions new ideas and initiatives
• Balances time, resources and quality requirements to achieve business goals
• Sets high standards of performance for self and others
• Drives the achievement of agreed-upon results
• Actively supports change initiatives
• Coaches staff to adapt to multiple demands, shifting priorities, and rapid change
• Conveys information clearly and concisely in written and spoken communication
• Listens effectively and provides frequent feedback
• Creates environment in which team members share information openly and honestly
• Makes effective and motivating presentations
• Collaborates with others
• Utilizes optimal level of collaboration with team members to achieve business goals
• Shares credit with others for their contributions
• Celebrates team successes
Build Productive Relationships (Internal / External)
• Relates well to people with diverse backgrounds and perspectives
• Maintains composure and constructive relationships even under difficult circumstances
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related discipline required with and understanding of accounting principles
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a degreed accounting role required
• 5+ years of cash or general ledger reconciliation experience required
• Experience with BlackLine and Oracle preferred
• Experience in special projects and process improvements preferred
• Advanced Knowledge Microsoft Office – Outlook, Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SQL (preferred)
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to the gain confidence and cooperation of others; must be able to interact with individuals of varying levels, abilities and locations.
• Strong work ethic with an ability to work in a high volume, fast-paced, frequently changing environment
• Ability to work in teams across international borders
• Innovative, forward-thinking and results driven
When considering the work environment associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
• Work indoors during all seasons and weather conditions
• Limited amount of local and/or multiple location traveling required
• Standard business dress is required
When considering the work postures associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
• Sitting continuously for many hours per day, up to 6 hours per day
When considering the physical demands associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
• Physical effort requiring manual dexterity is required, includes paperwork, calculators, computers and phone usage
When considering the work hours associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
• Working a number of evenings every month
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com .
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Position Description Regional Sales Manager for the Component Services Sector In conjunction with other business Leaders, determines sales territory strategy and qualifies potential prospects,...
Develop and present a variety of programs including guided walks, illustrated talks (PowerPoint amphitheater and campfire programs) and demonstrations. Develop programs using principles of the NPS...
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Master's degree or higher from a recognized accredited college or university; 2. Valid Texas teaching certificate; 3. Minimum of two (2) years of successful experience as a...
Position Description: POSITION PURPOSE The Staff Accountant provides financial analysis to maintain the integrity of the financial statements. This role also ensures the accuracy and reliability...
Application Instructions: Must apply online using Department application. Contact the Human Resource Office with questions: (405) 521-4640. Full time employees must submit a Letter of Application...
QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor's degree or higher from a recognized, accredited college or university. Valid Texas Certification in Special Education. Minimum of (3) years as a successful special...
Position Description Regional Sales Manager for the Component Services Sector In conjunction...
Develop and present a variety of programs including guided walks, illustrated talks (PowerPoint...
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Master's degree or higher from a recognized accredited college or...
Position Description: POSITION PURPOSE The Staff Accountant provides financial analysis to...
Application Instructions: Must apply online using Department application. Contact the Human...
QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor's degree or higher from a recognized, accredited college or...