FOUNDED IN 2003, Carrington has evolved from a mortgage credit asset manager into a vertically-integrated financial services company that covers virtually every aspect of the single family residential real estate transactions- investments in U.S. real estate and mortgage markets, loan origination and servicing, asset management and property preservation, real estate sales and rental, and title and escrow services.
Why you should join Carrington:
- Our tuition reimbursement and great career advancement opportunities encourage employee growth.
- The senior leadership team is full of top industry leaders.
- We are an innovative and rapidly growing company.
- Our employees have access to several fitness, restaurant, retail (and more!) discounts through our exclusive employee portal.
- An exciting, innovative and entrepreneurial work environment.
The Corporate Security Officer will be responsible for protecting property from theft or damage, and Associates from hazards or interference. Make periodic patrols of premises to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment. Preserve order and enforce regulations pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises. Perform all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all US state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Functions as a Security Officer while assigned to one or more posts; ensuring all post orders are followed, security patrols are conducted, all company logs, forms and reports are properly completed, reviewed, processed and filed; and that authorities and company leadership are properly notified during emergency situations.
- Assists with the administration and operation of all security related systems: access control, CCTV, digital video recording, photo ID badging, etc.
- As part of a team, the protection of staff and assets against the threat of terrorism, theft and all forms of criminal activity.
- Supports the Lead Security Officer with all Safety Warden Program administrative matters.
- Assist with proper accountability of all Carrington Staff during times of Emergency Drill and actual Evacuation.
- Prepare, submit and file various daily and monthly logs and reports (DAR, Visitor/Temp Badge log, Incident Report, Badge Swipe History Report, Violation Report, SEP Report).
- Meet with Security Supervisor as scheduled or as needed to provide assurance that all security requirements are being met. Communicate and provide professional recommendations for resolution to any security, Associate or Business Department related issues or complaints.
- Maintain accountability and functionality of all issued and or assigned Carrington Security Company/officer gear, equipment, keys, access badges and supplies.
- Ensure that all requests for Building Access/Parking (ID/Access Badge Form) are properly reviewed, signed, processed and filed in accord to Carrington Physical Security Policy.
- Review, manage and ensure accuracy of all data entry for issued ID/Access Badges via Carrington Physical Security Access Control System.
- Ensure proper deactivation of issued ID/Access Badges as per proper Carrington Physical Security Policy.
- Provide “Pass Down” briefing to Security staff, alerting officers to circumstances, events or changes that may affect or alter day to day Security or business operations.
- Monitor Security CCTV cameras for violations of Company Policy, breach of security or safety hazards.
- Perform interior and exterior foot patrol of building, suite(s) and grounds; check for unsafe and or hazardous conditions, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked ingress and egress doorways/hallways, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons.
- Observe and report incidents, suspicious activity, all violations of Company Policy, and safety hazards.
- Prepare clear, detailed reports of security incidents, which take place on Company property.
- Makes suggestions and recommendations, as appropriate, for improvements to policies, procedures, or the overall safety and security of the facility.
- Control access to Carrington facility in accord to Carrington Physical Security Policy.
REQUIREMENTS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Strong leadership and conflict resolution and de-escalation skills.
- Must have a flexible approach to work and able to demonstrate the ability to plan and prioritize workload, and if necessary, work outside normal working hours or during weekends or holidays as operations require.
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office; email based products and windows applications.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills including the ability to write clear, concise and accurate reports and other appropriate documentation.
- Ability to describe, explain and discuss potentially complex security matters and situations in a clear concise and readily understood manner.
- Effective interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to observe situations and make appropriate decision to respond.
- Must be able to work with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to interact with Executives, Associates, Visitors, Vendors and Contractors in a polite and professional manner regarding security related matters.
- Effectively maintain good order and discipline in accordance with all Property/Company Policies.
- Ability to sustain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Neat and professional appearance at all times.
- Must be able to obtain and possess a valid Security/Guard License as required in the state for where the position is located.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE LICENSE AND/OR CERTIFICATION:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous experience as a Police Officer, Military Police Officer or Security Officer/Guard preferred.
- One (1) or more years’ security-related training experience, sufficient to meet the requirements of the assigned site, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Current Certification in Adult First Aid, CPR and AED (all one certification).
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Maintain current active status of all required Licenses at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
Clay County District of Schools Substitute Custodian A safe and clean learning environment is critical to a student’s ability to focus. You can make a difference by becoming a school custodian! If...
Customer Service Representative - Jacksonville, FL Jacksonville Preprint 1400 W. Tradeport Drive Jacksonville, Florida, 32218 United States WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to...
School Cafeteria Worker – Clay County District of Schools Want to make a difference in a child’s life? Be the reason a kid had a great day! Become a school substitute! If you have a desire to do...
Req ID: 97300 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking...
Req ID: 97299 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking...
Req ID: 97296 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking...
Clay County District of Schools Substitute Custodian A safe and clean learning environment is...
Customer Service Representative - Jacksonville, FL Jacksonville Preprint 1400 W. Tradeport...
School Cafeteria Worker – Clay County District of Schools Want to make a difference in a child’s...
Req ID: 97300 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
Req ID: 97299 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
Req ID: 97296 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...