1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com .
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Supports the quick-turn and urgent work within a service center including answering routine product questions, processing customer requests such as rental quote generation and order placement, directing questions to appropriate service or sales personnel, dispatching service calls and arranging deliveries.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Order Management: Ensures purchase orders are properly entered into procurement system to include price and quantity.
- Answers local service center phone calls and responds to online inquiries.
- Dispatches service calls.
- Completes process for receiving materials, goods and services timely and accurately.
- Supports Service Shop Technicians and Mobile Technicians in completing work orders and pulling necessary parts for product repair.
- Customer Delivery & Returns: Arranges delivery to all sites and locations per the individual agreement including an understanding of the agreement of freight terms.
- Ensures delivery personnel have accurate site address details and paperwork for customer acceptance. Assists with loading product for customer delivery.
- Schedules and coordinates preventative maintenance for sales and delivery vehicles.
- Completes off-rental process in RentalResults.
- Schedules product pick-up and prepare paperwork for customer sign off.
- Walk-in Customers & Vendors: Greets and provides assistance to walk-in customers.
- Processes customer requests such as rental quote generation and order placement.
- Receives deliveries.
- Safety: Acts as site champion for safety. Manages injury reporting through GenSuite.
- Participate in routine safety calls and/or meetings.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High school graduate; 2 or 4 year college graduate preferred
- Prior experience in a rental environment preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers and employees
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Word and Excel
- Solid math skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize, meet deadlines and work independently with initiative
- Resourceful and well organized; efficient and detail oriented
- Ability to adapt to frequent change in a high pressure environment
- Strong sense of responsibility and desire to complete tasks properly
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Forklift certification preferred
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Considerable standing, walking, bending, heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds) and carrying.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Intermittent exposure to all outdoors weather conditions; intermittent exposure to shop and jobsite noise (to maximums of 95 decibels).
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company.
- Extended hours as needed (weekends, overtime and on-call rotations)
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
ID 3051 - Temporary Chemistry and Physics Teacher - .33 FTE for 191 days, Lake Oswego School District, 14 daysTemporary Chemistry and Physics Teacher .33 FTE for 191 days (Prorated) Lake Oswego High School JOB SUMMARY Position provides instructional activities and lessons to a wide variety of students. ...
ID 3036 - Temporary Educational Assistant - General Education - 4.5 hours per day for 186 days, Lake Oswego School District, 19 daysTemporary Educational Assistant - General Education 4.5 hours for 186 days (Pro-rated) $14.77 - $19.33 (depending on experience) River Grove Elementary School JOB SUMMARY The Education Assistant –...
Long Term Substitute Math Teacher - Rosemont Ridge Middle School We are seeking a Math endorsed substitute teacher. The start date of the position is as soon as possible. Position...
Long Term Substitute Biology Teacher - K12 Online Program We are seeking a Biology endorsed substitute teacher to fill a 12 week assignment in our K12 Online Program. The start date of the...
Temporary Grade 2 Teacher - Boones Ferry Primary School The start date is 8/31/2020 or as soon as possible for the 2020-2021 school year. Position Description: Create a vibrant learning community...
Temporary Advanced Math Teacher - West Linn High School The start date for this position is as soon as possible for the 2020-2021 school year. The successful candidate will hold an Advanced Math...
ID 3051 - Temporary Chemistry and Physics Teacher - .33 FTE for 191 days, Lake Oswego School District, 14 daysTemporary Chemistry and Physics Teacher .33 FTE for 191 days (Prorated) Lake Oswego High...
ID 3036 - Temporary Educational Assistant - General Education - 4.5 hours per day for 186 days, Lake Oswego School District, 19 daysTemporary Educational Assistant - General Education 4.5 hours for 186 days (Pro-rated) $14.77 -...
Long Term Substitute Math Teacher - Rosemont Ridge Middle School We are seeking a Math endorsed...
Long Term Substitute Biology Teacher - K12 Online Program We are seeking a Biology endorsed...
Temporary Grade 2 Teacher - Boones Ferry Primary School The start date is 8/31/2020 or as soon...
Temporary Advanced Math Teacher - West Linn High School The start date for this position is as...