We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
Provides legendary Customer service by handling ticketing, baggage check-in, baggage claims, reservations, information inquiries and resolving complaints and problems.
- Provides friendly service to and maintains positive relationships with all internal and external Customers
- Works in a cooperative spirit to ensure the success of our Company
- Responsible for providing legendary Customer service to people desiring to travel, use cargo or baggage service by attending to their needs
- Handles any aspect of ticketing and check-in by operating a computerized point-of-sale system, boarding, baggage service, reservations and resolving related complaints and problems
- Responsibilities include greeting and handling Customers in a polite and friendly manner. Handles cash, checks, credit cards, travel vouchers and coupons as forms of payment for tickets. Computes charges, makes change and balances daily transactions. Is responsible for overage or shortage
- Checks in baggage and Cargo. Answers telephone to provide information to callers, page customers, resolve problems or complaints and assist as needed. Handles transactions required to board the aircraft in a timely and efficient manner
- Deals with mishandled Customers as a result of oversales, delayed or cancelled flights, lost, delayed, or damaged luggage. Resolves such problems quickly and within guidelines established by the Company
- Provides current and accurate fare, schedule, reservations, flight arrival/departure information and answers all general inquiries from Customers and other visitors to the airport terminal
- Completes forms and reports as required by the company
- Writes irregularity and complaint reports as required
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor or Station Manager
- Duties may vary due to size and organization of the station
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- College coursework or degree would be an asset.
- Must be able to obtain a SIDA badge and meet all local airport requirements to work international flights.
- May be required by Station Leadership to obtain a Customs Seal and meet all requirenets to work international flights.
- Must be able to lift and/ or move items up to 70 pounds on a regular basis and repetitively lift and/or move weights of 40 to 50 pounds onto raised surfaces
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, and stand on a frequent basis and for extended periods.
- Must maintain the ability to wear prescribed uniforms
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Ability to type and/or use a computer keyboard with sufficient speed to meet demands of the job.
- Able to read documents, follow instructions, learn and understand ticketing procedures, rules and regulations.
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team, meet the public, and work under stressful situations.
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete Customer Service Agent training program with an 80% or greater average and an evaluation period.
- Must be aware of hazardous situations and be able to handle emergencies as needed.
- Must work under tight time constraints to accomplish quick turns of aircraft.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance in accordance with the Ground Operations Employee Handbook and Labor Agreement.
- Must be able to perform all job functions within a limited space.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally by telephone, face to face and on public address systems.
- Must possess good written and oral skills.
- Must be able to communicate information and instructions verbally or via radio equipment.
· Ability to work shift work and/or overtime.
· Foreign language skills are desirable, but not required.
· Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
· Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please print/save the job description because it won't be available after you apply.
***Southwest Airlines will consider your interest for the ITO Customer Service Agent position if you are currently a resident of the state of HI.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us through our Talent Communities.
These positions are for the Winter season only Interpretive Rangers develop and present educational programs including guided walks and presentations working with audiences in a variety of park...
Help Help Duties Summary You will serve as a JOB READINESS CELL (JRC) MANAGER in the Work Packaging Branch, Engineering and Planning Department of PEARL HARBOR NSY AND IMF. A...
These positions are for the Winter season only Interpretive Rangers develop and present...
Help Help Duties Summary You will serve as a JOB READINESS CELL (JRC) MANAGER in the Work...