We are looking for a strong Customer Service and Sales focused individual for our Hillsboro Airport location. This position pays 12.50 per hour plus good incentives for add on sales like fuel and navigation.
Work schedules can be flexible and we may consider a student for this role if it works with our business needs. We would also consider split schedules. Our shifts range from 6:30 am to 6:30 pm Monday through Friday and 8:00 am to 2:30 pm Saturday, closed Sundays.
The Hillsboro location is not a commercial airport but rather a general aviation airport serving private flights and flight schools. The Hertz office is located in the Hillsboro Airport's terminal building where we cater to a local Fortune 100 company's employee air shuttle. They operate several daily flights between Hillsboro and their other west coast hubs on 50-seat business jets.
The Sales & Service Associate is an essential member of the Hertz Local Edition team and is the brand ambassador, providing the fastest, easiest, and most valued experience to our customers. This sales commissioned team member provides world class customer service and professionally and effectively sells Hertz products and services to meet the customer’s travel and insurance replacements needs.
Responsibility of a Sales and Service Associate includes:
- Effectively communicate and offer ancillary products and services to enhance customer’s travel experience.
- Strong emphasis on selling and revenue maximization on core products such as, but not limited to, options to waive customer’s responsibility of damage, fuel options and vehicle upsells.
- Achieve personal sales goals while supporting the goals of the team.
- Work in a fast paced sales environment, providing helpful, quality service and sales, while enhancing the customer’s rental experience.
- Convert phone shops to reservations and rentals
- Creating a positive customer service experience by listening to and identifying customer needs
- Engaging customers in a courteous professional manner and ensuring overall customer satisfaction and service
- Maximize revenue opportunities with customers by actively soliciting business after every rate quote, addressing/overcoming customer objections to placing a reservation, utilizing various sales techniques as appropriate to obtain every possible booking.
- Assist customers with various post rental inquiries that involve the rental and billing process.
- Viewing every customer contact as a sales opportunity and soliciting reservations on customer service calls.
- Demonstrate good communication skills both written and oral. Communicate in English clearly and proficiently. Candidates fluent in other languages are encouraged to apply.
- Have the competitive drive and confidence to succeed in a commission-based environment.
- Work in a fast paced environment with a variety of tasks. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate sales, professionalism and interpersonal skills.
- Show a high level of ownership, accountability and initiative.
- Show proven experience of working well within a team.
- Work flexible shifts including weekends and holidays; and work overtime as required.
- Work outdoors during all weather conditions.
- Stand for long periods of time.
Qualified applicants will have the following:
High school diploma (or equivalent)
A valid driver's license with record in good standing
Ability to drive and operate vehicles
Fluency in English
1-2 years of customer service and sales experience.
Applicant must possess all auditory, speaking and communicating capabilities necessary to complete the responsibilities detailed above. The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following: sitting, standing, walking, bending and twisting, climbing, driving, pushing and pulling, speaking, hearing, writing, lifting, typing, filing, seeing, reading and the ability to use a computer, telephone, calculator, copy machine and fax machine.
Hertz is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.
Hertz is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Hertz is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
IT Technician, Hillsboro, OR Kelly Services is currently seeking an IT Technician for one of our top clients in Hillsboro, OR. *Open ended contract that includes full benefits. Pay is up to...
Nutrition Services I - Location TBD This posting is for three 10 month, 3.5 hour/day positions. The start date is August 31, 2020. DEFINITION Under the supervision of the Nutrition Services...
GP Veterinarian Needed in Oregon! -- Full Circle Veterinary Care, Full Circle Veterinary Care, 9 daysFull Circle Veterinary Care is an outstanding practice offering comprehensive medicine for our small animal patients in Lake Oswego and the greater South Portland Metro area. We are seeking an...
1st Grade Teacher 1.0 FTE for 191 days/year Oak Creek Elementary School JOB SUMMARY Position provides instructional activities and lessons to a wide variety of students. Activities and lessons...
ID 2970 - Temporary Foods and Nutrition Teacher - .50 FTE for 191 days, Lake Oswego School District, 5 daysTemporary Foods and Nutrition Teacher .50 FTE for 191 days Lakeridge High School JOB SUMMARY Position provides instructional activities and lessons to a wide variety of students. Activities and...
ID 2943 - Temporary Educational Assistant - General Education - 7.5 hours per day for 186 days, Lake Oswego School District, 23 daysTemporary Educational Assistant - General Education 7.5 hours for 186 days $14.77 - $19.33 (depending on experience) Lakeridge High School JOB SUMMARY The Education Assistant – General Education...
IT Technician, Hillsboro, OR Kelly Services is currently seeking an IT Technician for one of...
Nutrition Services I - Location TBD This posting is for three 10 month, 3.5 hour/day positions....
GP Veterinarian Needed in Oregon! -- Full Circle Veterinary Care, Full Circle Veterinary Care, 9 daysFull Circle Veterinary Care is an outstanding practice offering comprehensive medicine for our...
1st Grade Teacher 1.0 FTE for 191 days/year Oak Creek Elementary School JOB SUMMARY Position...
ID 2970 - Temporary Foods and Nutrition Teacher - .50 FTE for 191 days, Lake Oswego School District, 5 daysTemporary Foods and Nutrition Teacher .50 FTE for 191 days Lakeridge High School JOB...
ID 2943 - Temporary Educational Assistant - General Education - 7.5 hours per day for 186 days, Lake Oswego School District, 23 daysTemporary Educational Assistant - General Education 7.5 hours for 186 days $14.77 - $19.33...