Office Location: Houston, TX (HOU), United States
Start Date: 07/02/2018
The Panalpina Group is one of the world's leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor-made end-to-end solutions. The Panalpina Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more than 80 countries, and employs around 15,000 people worldwide.
We are looking to hire a Customs Services Entry Writer to process accurate and timely customs entries by using the company's proprietary forwarding and customs brokerage application ensuring operational excellence. To provide optimal customer service by acting as a vital link between US Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Partnering Government Agencies (PGAs) and Panalpina customers.
- Process Customs Entries, i.e. classify invoice, file remotely, EDR, inspection requests
- Review documents for accuracy on importer's name and address, delivery address, pieces and weight, entry type code, bond code, location of goods, Customs classification, I.T. number and country of origin
- Transmit information to ABI, verify results and make corrections if necessary
- Check Customs release for discrepancies and placing release package in file
- Transmit payment of Customs duties via ACH and submit required copies
- Manage exceptions with involved parties
- Ensure the payable and receivable documents are completed accurately and forwarded on time
- Ensure that file contains all necessary document copies in proper sequence
- Monitor Customs entry process
- Exception handling by consulting with supervisor
- Other duties as requested
- Excellent and thorough knowledge of U.S. Customs regulations
- 2 to 5 years industry experience
- Indepth know-how of import process
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Detail oriented
- Excellent application skills and competence
- Knowledge of Panalpina products
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Team player
Panalpina is an equal employment opportunity organization
Administrative Assistant - 21504 Description JOB SUMMARY: Provide full administrative and clerical support for the Management Team and operation of the facility by performing the...
Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics. Conserves executive's time by reading, researching, and...
Subcontracts Administrator - (FIE0006DX) Description With 2017 revenues of approximately $15 billion, Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs) is one of the largest publicly traded (NYSE: JEC) and...
Warehouse Transportation Clerk - nights - HOU00000605 Description Overview The Warehouse Clerk is responsible for scheduling all incoming freight. This position will reconcile receiving paperwork...
Freight Optimization & Chartering Analyst-00021241 Description Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem...
Where good people build rewarding careers. Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to...
Administrative Assistant - 21504 Description JOB SUMMARY: Provide full administrative and...
Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and...
Subcontracts Administrator - (FIE0006DX) Description With 2017 revenues of approximately $15...
Warehouse Transportation Clerk - nights - HOU00000605 Description Overview The Warehouse Clerk...
Freight Optimization & Chartering Analyst-00021241 Description Occidental Petroleum Corporation ...
Where good people build rewarding careers. Think that working in the insurance field can’t be...