Full Time | Richfield, UTAH | 17 days
The Digital Engineer - II is responsible for leading and building highly scalable front end components and experiences for the bestbuy.com website. You will be leading and part of a team that delivers high quality digital experience for our customers.
Why Best Buy?
BestBuy.com is one of the 10 largest e-commerce sites in North America, with a billion visits each year. Another billion visitors shop at our physical stores. Best Buy is not only a retailer but also a technology-based company, where technology itself is at the heart of our operation.
- Define and lead development workflow, providing work direction for development team through complex development on a suite of applications/programs
- Provide expertise in software development lifecycle phases-concept, design, testing and deployment
- Use modern technology to build accessible, innovative, and highly interactive user interfaces
- Provide work direction for specific projects in the design, development, deployment and support of software development with small to mid-size development teams
- Create work plans, estimates, and solution blueprints to facilitate project delivery
- Providing quality and thoughtful feedback on peer code reviews
- Troubleshoot system issues, fix software defects, perform overall testing / debugging
- Optimize web components for maximum speed and scalability
- Share and champion ideas that can evolve how we build products
- Collaborate with cross discipline team to solve problems of a top 10 e-commerce website
- 6+ years of e-commerce/web development experience with bachelor’s degree; additional 2 years of the same experience without a bachelor's
- 2+ years' experience leading a small to mid-size development team
- 3+ years’ experience in an Agile and continuous delivery environment
- 3+ years’ experience in unit testing tools such as Jasmine, Jest, or Mocha/Chai
- 3+ years’ experience in dependency management using npm or Yarn
- Experience in an e-commerce domain or retail systems
- 3+ years' experience using LESS or SASS.
- 3+ years' experience using HTML5/CSS3
- 2+ years’ experience in build tools such as Webpack, Parcel, Gulp.js, or Grunt
- 2+ years' experience developing applications using TDD, or writing quality unit tests
- Ability to respect and collaborate in a fast-paced environment with different stakeholders including engineers, testers, product managers, and user experience leads