Digital Health Qualitative Internship (Remote)
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH’s Digital Health Solutions Group is dedicated to scaling Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in the developing world. Our work spans the entire software development lifecycle from analysis of information systems to deployment and long-term use of those systems. The Digital Health Solutions group at PATH works with government ministries of health, the information and communication technology sector, the global health sector and donors to improve the design, development, acquisition and implementation of management information systems.
Description of the project the intern will complete:
The goal of this project is to identify, review, synthesize, and disseminate best practices in the design and implementation of electronic immunization registries and other primary care registries. To this end, through this review we seek to answer the following questions:
- What electronic immunization registries and other primary care registries have been implemented and where?
- Among registries that have been implemented, how have the functional and technical requirements been designed and operationalized? What are the requirements? What challenges were the registries designed to solve for? Are there common categories of challenges across implementation contexts? How have the requirements been operationalized? What has / has not worked in practice (in implementing the requirements)?
- What are the ways that EIR or other primary care registries add value for health systems and/or health outcomes? What evidence is there on whether, how, and why the registries are contributing to improvements in immunization program performance, coverage, and equity? For which populations and in what contexts?
Description of the learning objectives and goals of the internship:
- Conduct literature reviews
- Assist with coding and analysis of qualitative data
- Synthesize existing evidence
- Contribute to development and dissemination of findings
Proposed activities for the internship:
Locating relevant documents and literature, conducting literature reviews, qualitative coding and analysis using the software Atlas.ti, summarizing findings.
Benefit to intern:
The intern will gain experience working with qualitative data, including coding, analysis, and the use of qualitative software, specifically in the area of digital health. The intern will also contribute to their academic knowledge of conducting literature reviews, synthesizing existing evidencing, and contributing to the development and dissemination of recommendations.
How will performance be evaluated?
- Weekly meetings with intern supervisor and team to assess progress with internship activities
- Completed literature reviews as assigned
- Contributions to qualitative data analysis
- Required Experience
- Interest and experience in working with qualitative data
- Interest or experience in digital health or immunization
- Ability to conduct literature reviews
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop productive relationships with colleagues and external collaborators
- Proactive, motivated, self-directed learner with good problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Job Location
- Seattle, Washington, United States
- Company Location
- United States, Seattle
- Position Type
Who do you know at
LinkedIn Facebook Twitter Email AddThis
Return To Job Listings
Senior Intern (ID# 47459) Seattle, WA Category: Engineering - Water Job Type: Intern Minimum Experience: 0 Required Education: Bachelor's Degree In Progress Job Description Be involved in projects...
Managing Director, Mechanical Engineer (ID# 47445) Seattle, WA Category: Mechanical Engineering Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 15+ Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description Be...
Project Director - Sustainability, Energy and Climate Change (ID# 47435) Seattle, WA Category: Environmental Science Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 12+ Required Education: Bachelor's...
About Icosavax Icosavax is focused on developing safe and effective vaccines against infectious diseases that address important unmet medical needs and reduce healthcare costs. Job...
Fluvial Geomorphologist (ID# 47240) Seattle, WA Category: Water and Resource Management Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 10+ Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description At WSP, we...
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members...
Senior Intern (ID# 47459) Seattle, WA Category: Engineering - Water Job Type: Intern Minimum...
Managing Director, Mechanical Engineer (ID# 47445) Seattle, WA Category: Mechanical...
Project Director - Sustainability, Energy and Climate Change (ID# 47435) Seattle,...
About Icosavax Icosavax is focused on developing safe and effective vaccines against infectious...
Fluvial Geomorphologist (ID# 47240) Seattle, WA Category: Water and Resource Management Job...
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper...