CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out onThe Muse
for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
The Video Operations team is responsible for supporting the video delivery and architecture of VOD and Live content streamed on over 15 platforms.
CBS Interactive is seeking an experienced operations professional who is passionate and knowledgeable about digital video streaming and distribution of video to CBS Interactive websites, apps and distribution partners. The Director, Digital Video Workflows will work closely with both the VP, Digital Streaming & Video Operations as well as the VP, Distribution & Operations to help manage the daily publishing and operations around CBS All Access products, all while creating strategies, best practices and solving complex business challenges focused on growing publishing operations of CBS All Access. The ability to develop, own and report on key performance metrics is critical.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a deep understanding of Media and Entertainment, use cases, architecture, workflow and ecosystem. Specifically, in Supply Chains supporting Broadcast and Digital, Broadcast and Media Operations, and Over the Top Delivery. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
- Manage the daily video publishing workflows and operations for CBS All Access products in close partnership with the Director, Video Operations
- Fix, troubleshoot and debug any publishing issues on CBS All Access and provide root cause analyses for all major issues
- Maintain and execute video publishing roadmap, while architecting new publishing workflows to help scale the publishing of thousands of video assets; continuously look for ways to improve publishing processes and increase velocity and quality of output
- Partner with Director, Video Operations on the workflow mapping for the processing of CBS digital video assets measured against satisfaction metrics and ensuring changing complex business rules and needs are reflected in operations roadmaps with ongoing international expansion
- Work closely with CBS broadcast to get CBS All Access source file delivery into the cloud and follow the CBS global spec
Responsible for the ongoing training of end-to-end video publishing advancements and scaling the evolving knowledge across the publishing team in close partnership with the Director, Video Operations while collaborating with internal divisions such as Video Operations, Content Strategy, Distribution & Operations, Product, Engineering, Data Insights Group, and Content Protection teams.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- Minimum 10 years in operations roles; the successful candidate will have spent several years of their career in customer facing roles in the field of video, visual effects delivering software architecture and a proven record of effective collaborations across multiple internal organizations and interactions with partners and customers
- Proven track record with CMS Content Publishing and understanding of content supply chain and content publishing processes
- Expertise in cloud technology, with a record of operating scalable services using a mix of data, private and public clouds is preferred
- Experience developing and executing operating plans in compliance with security, quality, cost, and delivery results. Developing and executing operations strategy in support of broader business goals.
- Strong history of driving service automation and scripting to improve operational efficiency and quality
- Extraordinary project management capabilities
You might also have -
- Experience in streaming and video operations is a plus
iProspect is a global, award-winning marketing agency that drives digital performance for many of the world’s largest brands. A trusted partner with an in-depth understanding of consumer behavior,...
Replicated is looking for a Product Manager to assess, prioritize, and guide the direction of our products in collaboration with our engineers and customers. Your primary responsibilities will...
Important Update: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Kaiser Permanente is moving to a virtual recruitment process including telephone and video interviews to help ensure the health and safety...
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and...
Based in Los Angeles, HelloTech provides professional and affordable on-demand tech support via a network of fully vetted independent technicians throughout the US. HelloTech providers deliver a...
Project Accounting Manager (ID# 45963) Los Angeles, CA Category: Accounting Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 7+ Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description Be involved in projects...
iProspect is a global, award-winning marketing agency that drives digital performance for many...
Replicated is looking for a Product Manager to assess, prioritize, and guide the direction of...
Important Update: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Kaiser Permanente is moving to a virtual...
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of...
Based in Los Angeles, HelloTech provides professional and affordable on-demand tech support via...
Project Accounting Manager (ID# 45963) Los Angeles, CA Category: Accounting Job Type: Full...