Blizzard is on a quest to find a legendary Director of Global Publishing who is a grandmaster at their craft. This is someone who is a demonstrated leader and builder of high-functioning cross-discipline publishing teams. Not only do they have a deep understanding of marketing strategy and branding, they also have a keen appreciation of the role community, PR, creative, and development teams play in creating world-class publishing experiences. They will lead the end-to-end development of publishing plans for Blizzard’s future mobile games, set product positioning, develop creative campaigns, and shape long-term publishing strategy. They recognize players come from different realms all over the world, and actively seek to engage, collaborate with, and empower regional teams to succeed. Most importantly they have a huge well of empathy for players because they are players themselves.
- Leadership. Servant-lead with clarity and empathy, providing publishing teams with a clear brand vision for the franchise, being receptive to their needs, and constantly power-leveling their talent tress.
- Strategic Planning. Drive both short and long-term strategic planning for a franchise, setting global publishing goals, creating publishing plans, identifying key beats & KPIs, setting and managing spend, applying publishing frameworks, and aligning staffing with the needs of the franchise.
- Product Campaigns. Manage the global execution around go-to-market plans with the precision of a raid leader for product announcements, features, and updates. Everyone knows what to do, when to do it, and of course, to not stand in the fire.
- Collaboration. Always trying hard to find that organizational holy grail - alignment! - listening first, articulating goals, and whenever there are gaps, finding common ground across executive, development, regional, and cross-functional publishing teams.
- Creative. Create memorable publishing experiences with authentic creative campaigns that resonate with players, and you also wouldn't mind posting to your own social media feed.
- Knowledge. Know what you know, and for what you don't know be relentless in seeking those answers through data, analytics, surveys, and focus groups. You are not in the business of "massaging" the data to fit a desired outcome, and only seek honest answers to tough questions.
- Veteran leading global launch campaigns at scale, including mobile products, and the self-awareness to understand learnings from both the successes and the failures.
- Master of mobile ecosystems, platforms, channels, ASO, supporting live operations, and performance marketing.
- Understands how to interpret data and KPIs and turn analytical insight into actionable plans.
- Experience working effectively and constructively with development, publishing, regional, and external agency teams.
- Track record of creative projects they are proud of, and, not proud of.
- History of managing and growing direct reports who succeeded under their guidance.
- Does not make distinction between life achievements and gaming achievements - they are one and the same.
- 10+ years’ experience in a marketing or related field.
- MBA strongly preferred.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences
AECOM/Shimmick Construction is looking to hire an (Electrical) Estimator V to work in our Irvine, CA office. Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, while having access to...