At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of tech to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals. As a Cengage employee, you will blaze a new trail to transform the way people learn. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
Cengage currently has two Internal Communications Director openings: one will work closely with the Chief Technology Officer and support Technology while the other will work closely with the EVP, General Manager Higher Ed to support our Higher Ed business.
Each Communications Director will partner with their executive-level leader to design and execute a strategic internal communications program. The right person for these roles will be experienced with all types of internal communications vehicles, easily crafts business-specific messages, and has deep experience designing programs that support the leadership of the business while also informing employees and creating connections between their work and the company’s priorities.
The right person is flexible, easily adapts, customer-service oriented, a great listener, a self-starter and self-driven to exceed their own expectations in addition to those expectation set forth by the business leader. They’re a team player, putting the business needs and those of the leader ahead of concrete best practices; the right person is willing to always test and try new ways of communicating or working as a means to deliver the most effective communications on behalf of the leader and his/her senior team.
Build a strong partnership with leaders of the business to design the communications strategy, build the resulting program and lead the program execution. You will design, manage and lead a variety of communications activities that include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic Planning -- He/she will work with senior leadership to develop a communications program that informs, educates, motivates and engages employees – ultimately increasing understanding and awareness in the execution and achievement of the program’s goals.
- Executive Communications – He/she will build internal executive communications programs as needed in support of their executive-level business leader that outline key organizational messages to be delivered through multiple channels such as leadership memos, employee events, quarterly newsletters, Intranet communications, digital signage and more.
- Communications Measurement – He/she will outline measurable goals that can be used to track the effectiveness of internal communications programs. Analysis should be ongoing throughout the lifespan of a program (pre-launch, execution, post-launch) and recommendations provided in real-time on how to continuously improve the efficacy of each program.
- Project Management – He/she will design, build, execute and oversee the management of multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring that goals and strategies are stated up front, all requirements are fully understood, materials are prepared and distributed on-time and on-budget. Additionally, this person will ensure that all efforts meet high standards in the areas of accuracy, ethics, legal, and compliance.
- Relationship Management – He/she will develop and maintain strong partnerships with leadership of their business to build credibility as a trusted partner, advisor and strategic consultant. No ask is too big or too small as it relates to the build of the successful business-oriented partnership and development of a successful internal communications program. The individual will also form relationships with those employees within the organization and lead an ongoing dialog regarding the effectiveness of the internal communications program, always testing what is working, what isn’t and opportunities to evolve the program and increase effectiveness.
- The individual will be a member of the Internal Communications team within the Office of the CEO and deployed directly into the business / organization that he / she is hired to support. The individual will directly report to the VP of Internal Communications with a dotted line reporting relationship to the executive-level leader that he/she supports within the business.
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree strongly preferred.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum of 10 years related communications experience focused on internal communications program strategy design through execution
- Articulate communicator with the experience and confidence to provide daily counsel to senior leaders
- Experience with both strategic planning and tactical implementation of complex communications programs
- Excellent writing, editing and presentation building skills
- Ability to work well with employees at all levels across the organization
- "Client service" mentality
- Expertise in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint.
Magenta Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing therapeutics to reset the immune system to cure more patients with devastating and life-threatening diseases. This immune...
Logz.io is searching for a Senior Manager of Marketing Campaigns to lead campaign strategy and execution globally. Reporting to the VP of Demand Generation, this role is responsible for applying...
Description REPORTS TO: Director, Marketing Strategy with matrix to VP, Resource Development DIRECT REPORTS: NA COORDINATES WITH: Finance, Planned Giving Associate (vacant), Individual Growth and...
Req ID: 97379 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking...
Req ID: 97751 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking...
Job Title: Assistant Principal (Elementary) Reports to: Principal General Description: Boston Public School is currently seeking visionary and dynamic individuals to serve as educational leaders...
Magenta Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing therapeutics to reset...
Logz.io is searching for a Senior Manager of Marketing Campaigns to lead campaign strategy and...
Description REPORTS TO: Director, Marketing Strategy with matrix to VP, Resource...
Req ID: 97379 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
Req ID: 97751 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
Job Title: Assistant Principal (Elementary) Reports to: Principal General Description: Boston...